Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Are Kitchens "Woman Caves"?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are Kitchens "Woman Caves"? Sign In/Join 
Picture of santa_fe
posted
Or is a gigantic bath tub enough?

While watching some other guy insist on his cave, I wondered if most people thought that women have caves or if they need private areas at all?

Mine would be the lap pool. If I had a lap pool.

Posts: 787 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like any "cave", dumb term.

I think you need a "lagoon".

Posts: 2468 | Location: Southern CA (Southbay) | Registered: Nov 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
My cave,? it most certainly wouldn't be my kitchen, I don't like to cook, have it as a necessity and not enough money to hire a permanent cook.
Cannot understand the desire to have these enourmous kitchens so that everyone sees you cooking, bothers you while you are cooking? comments about your not so clean sink? or too cluttered cabinets? or too old pots and pans?
Sorry, but I don't want people in my kitchen while I am cooking, and as far as entertaining, where do these people find so many people to entertain? they move to a different area, and all of a sudden they need to entertain 20-30 people? all the time? Hello!!!!! they are representing any type of embassy that they need constant people in their houses.

Posts: 5009 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lavern2
posted Hide Post
The Kitchen???

I don't think so!!!(LOL)

I consider a "man or woman cave" a place of relaxation, and the kitchen is where I "work," so NO thanks.

My "cave" in my home is our Master Bedroom - Since DH works at night, he sleeps upstairs, so once I'm done preparing dinner, I "retreat" there and unwind. Smile

Posts: 1026 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: Jan 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Only if the garage is the man's cave.

Fun and Info

Posts: 3564 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meischa:

I think you need a "lagoon".

That sounds much better.

I see what so many women INSIST on having, and considering that so much money that goes into the kitchen, I was wondering.

Posts: 787 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
LOL....My husband is the chef. This would be his cave. He'a already told me about his 2nd kitchen (outdoor) and what has to be done to prepare for it. He has printed the plans that were sent to him. He has two wood cribs filled with split wood (we have NO fireplace...so neighbors are scratching their heads.)
My mother has seen what I've done with our kitchen gadgets and gizmos. She referred to my plan as "utilitarian". I refer to it as organized so the "CHEF" can find things. However, I keep wanting the "gorgeous" kitchens many of the designers have displayed. I'm trying to figure out a way to HIDe the utilitarian when guests come, but will be open for most part of our days. Smile I just recently decided to forfeit my stainless steel worktable to hub's shed/outdoor kitchen space.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trish212,

Posts: 5212 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
My craft room would be my 'cave'.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Julianna76
posted Hide Post
My living room is my cave. Comfy furniture, no TV, nice reading lamps. Kitchen, no way. The kitchen is my DH "man cave". Never understood women who have an obsession with the giant bathtubs. Who's going to clean that beast? Not me. Give me a shower and I'll be happy.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post