Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Where is Mike Holmes????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is Mike Holmes???? Sign In/Join 
posted
I really miss his show! I have learned so much and really enjoyed his shows. Please bring him back!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
The show may be on hiatus so they can do marathons of House Hunters, Bang for your Buck, LIOLI etc. The Holmes Inspection page says it is on Sunday nights at 9pm ET, but right now it isn't on. Some times his shows run on DIY network instead of HGTV.

HGTV does a terrible job keeping their website current. I guess the internet is so 2005 these days.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6857 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of greylove
posted Hide Post
I have seen Mike Holmes on DIY channel a lot lately. Seems like the new shows are there.

“Some people say I’m easily distrac- Hey Look, a bird!”

Posts: 128 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: Sep 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really miss Mike, so I went searching and found the Canadian site for HGTV hoping that I could stream his shows from there? No such luck. I WANT MIKE BACK!!!

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also at a lose without Mike. Please bring back my favorite show.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
He is doing commercials for a furnuce filter LOL says he babysits on the side!!Its cute

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I thought that commercial was cute, too. I have seen Mike and a number of other HGTV people on DIY. At least DIY isn't into real estate shows.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
Where there be another Great American Handyman this summer?

Posts: 775 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To each his own...
His show bores me, I don't want to watch plumbing repairs, etc.
He spends too much time telling us how he is a good guy and others are bad.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Southern CA (Southbay) | Registered: Nov 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meischa:
To each his own...
His show bores me, I don't want to watch plumbing repairs, etc.
He spends too much time telling us how he is a good guy and others are bad.

HEY MIKE IS A GREAT GUY AND THANK GOODNESS HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING,HE IS THE PERRY MASON OF DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY
mY dh IS A INSPECTOR,YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE HALF-a** SO CALLED CONTRACTORS AND buisness carpenters that do lousy jobs and rip people off,He can brag all he wants cause he ain't lying LOL

you don't have to like him,thats ok you have a right to your opinion,thats what a message board is all about

but he can come to this house and do what ever he wants

sorry about the caps,yipes they snuck up on me,to lazy to change it right now LOL

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
Mike was on DIY tonite with a new show,guess he switched over from HGTV,of course DIY is a scripts network show too LOL

posted Hide Post
Not long after he switched from tank tops to overalls to hide the "pooch", he disappeared. Food network has been known to tell a couple of their hosts to, "Get on Jenny Craig, NOW", so maybe that's leaking over here as well. Remember, part of his show's appeal was that for *some*, he was macho eye candy. When the candy gets poochy, the eyes go away. They may have just given him some time to work that out (just saying it knowing somewhat how TV works).

Posts: 199 | Location: Atlanta, GA. USA | Registered: Mar 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post