Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Flip or Flop question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flip or Flop question Sign In/Join 
posted
i am watching the marathon now and was wondering if it still comes on because i have not seen it for a while now. not even on the weekends! i love the show!

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I also like the show, specially because the areas that they do their flipping are In Orange County where I lived for 40 years
The only question that I have, is that for flippers, they don't keep their cost down by not really doing anything themselves, and when they do kitchens for example they go to the most expensive places in Orange County why? I wouldn't mind seeing many of their renos in Laguna Hills, Irvine, but Garden Grove, Santa Ana,? Please, !!!!!!!! What about Home Depot or many other places where they will find many of the things that they buy at reduced prices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rker321,

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also love the show and really hope there will be more seasons. What an adorable couple! I hope Tarek is doing well after his surgery. IMO they have a decent mix of properties they flip in the area around where they live.

Posts: 2 | Location: ATLANTA GA | Registered: Oct 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what kind of sugery did Tarek have??? i hope he gets well soon!
and i hope they will have more shows because i love the show and the couple!

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found out he had thyroid cancer and they did surgery to remove it. Apparently it was in his lymph nodes also and they were waiting to find out if they got it all. A nurse watching the show saw the lump at the base of his throat and contacted the production company. I hope he is doing well especially for his cute little girl.

Posts: 2 | Location: ATLANTA GA | Registered: Oct 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flop

I love Flip or Flop. It drives me crazy when Tarek wears flip flops when visiting a property or doing demolition. Why isn't anyone on the HGTV crew advising him how unsafe that is?

Posts: 1 | Location: dedham, maine | Registered: Apr 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
Does anybody else want to see some flops every now and then?

Posts: 790 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
At present, the housing market is not as bad as it was, therefore, they can sell the homes that they fix easier that it used to be.

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by santa_fe:
Does anybody else want to see some flops every now and then?

Yes!

But I like the show, either way. I just wish I knew contractors who would do such great work for such great prices.

Posts: 881 | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post