Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Not my favorite!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not my favorite! Sign In/Join 
posted
Love it or List it has a great concept which I really love. I can not watch this show due to how the two hosts not only talk to each other, but how they talk to or about the homeowners! They are extremely negative and condescending. If this is a reality show where drama is key, great, but it is very off-putting and I would watch this show if it was more positive and uplifting.

If I had a realtor or remodeler talk to me the way the speak to the homeowners, they would be FIRED!

Please fix this show, I would love to watch it again without all the drama!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only did they not fix it, they made Love it or List it Too!

Posts: 227 | Registered: Jun 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to totally agree with hgtv23.

I love the show, but they need to get back to how they worked it when it first aired - positive - genuine reactions from the clients (unlike now where everything is scripted, and repetitive over show after show) and to stop the continuous, irritating/boring verbal sniping.

That isn't entertainment, it's just negative and I have now ceased watching a show I enjoyed.

Producers - pull your socks up and stop the artificiality and get back to reality!

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeannier9,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They could make this show good if they lost the fake fights and arguments. The host only argue and the home owners constantly complain about everything that happens in the show. I don't know where this show is filmed but I do not want to live there they come off so rude in the show.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to add my vote to a more positive watchable show. Or, I can continue to watch another channel until the renovation is reveled. I end up watching about 3-5 minutes. It has worked for me for about a year now.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone here!!! I like the idea of this show. I like the outcome of the work that is done. First, I cant stand that every episode is the same. There is always an issue with the remodel. The homeowners are upset, designer frustrated. Things are off the redo list. Repeat. The same for the home searches. Secondly, the negativity is not fun to watch. They seem like witty hosts, use their charm not negative banter.
I ask HGTV, change this show up. You have a good idea and talented people. Lighten it up, break the repeat mold. I can not watch an entire episode of this show anymore!!
To make matters worse, you made a Love it or List it too. You brought in 2 different people and kept the same negative/repetitive show. You took out the part that works and repeated the part that doesn't!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post