Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Bring Back Hilary & David on 'Love It or List It'!!!! -_-
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bring Back Hilary & David on 'Love It or List It'!!!! -_- Sign In/Join 
posted
I absolutely love the original hosts Hilary & David on Love It or List It. My friend's & I never ever miss an episode. Hilary's designs are magnificent & always leaves me in awe!!! David's sense of humour, their snappy remarks, the chemistry they share, are always funny & just seems so original & unrehearsed. Hilary & David are honest, witty, free spirited & always tell the homeowners the truth; good or bad.

Recommendation: Hilary neesds to have a bigger contingency within her budget for those unforseen high costs that always sneak there way in. Maybe cut down on the cost of appliances & decorations before diverting from the original plan.

Now the two new younger hosts for this new season is an insult to the show & the avid viewers that never ever miss an episode (like myself)are disgruntled. If one of the reasons for the 2 younger hosts were to bring in younger viewers then Hilary & David was doing a fine job because I am 22 years old & my friends are merely 2-4 years older than I.

I watched their 1st episode & unfortunately they were not as close to the remarkable, unmatched, quality Hilary & David sucessfully delivers. Love It or List It will never be the same, & I am truly disappointed!!!

My friends & I will try our hardest to watch another episode and give the 2 new hosts a fair chance but you can never repeat a first impression, and the one given to me was poor. I found my self flipping through channels at times. Did I mention I hated the new designer designs O_O!! My friends and I chorused "OOOO EMMM GGGGGG!!! WTH is that??!!!" and later laughed becaused we were appalled by the ugly design. She should get some pointers from Hilary Wink

Bring back Hilary & David!! I seriously hope they're on vacation & thats why the 2 new hosts are there. If the reason for the new hosts is for a trial run .... then consider the run a FAILURE asap. They are not what Love It or List It need.

<3 yah Hilary & David!!! muahhhhhh
Miss u much :'(

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mixie,

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
anyone know why there are new hosts?
I do like the show,
just NOT the endless repeats and have to admit the show won't seem the seem the same without
Hilary and David,
IMO I think Hilarys designs are wonderful and Davids abuse from the homeowners is something to watch,of course there are some who do not like the show,
but
it is different and we kinda got used to the constant stream of nasty,offensive homeowners
LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CC-IMO,

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't know why someone in their right mind don't love and appreciate the show. To me, Love It or List It is the number one show on HGTV right now.

The show is sooo good that TLC tried a spin off of the show with 'Something Borrowed, Something New' where the new bride can either wear her mother's original wedding dress that the designer revamped or take the new wedding dress chosen in the store.

Anyways I'll continue watching old re-runs of Love It or List It until Hilary & David return. I sincerely hope they're on vacation and have not been permanently replaced by those two.

posted Hide Post
Finally saw a show with the new designer and realtor -- who I'm sure -- just happen to be younger/hipper than Hilary and David.

At first blush I don't like them. But I guess I'll get used to them. Given that they are saying THE EXACT SAME WORDS that hilary and David say.

I declare the male realtor said literally word for word what I've heard David say.

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
Apparently W network that actually makes the shows thought a second show, in Canada called LIOLI Vancouver, would be a good idea.

They are definitely young clones of the original, the script remains the same. The real estate agent can't do snark like David.

Both shows certainly bring out the passion on the boards. People love it or hate it.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6965 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate the new hosts! So over acted. I really wanted to watch for the sweepstake but even 50,000 couldn't make me watch! Awful

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clbselah - even though david & the new realtor share the same script, David's delivery is far better & comes off naturally & unrehearsed. This new realtor has a poor tv presence in my point of view, he'sjust blahhhh

Sparky - I agree with u, the new real estate agent isn't on par when it comes to David's personality and tv presence.

Trishaf67 - Yes the two new hosts are indeed awful but the most annoying thing to me is the designer's ugly design. And seeing that this was her first show I believe that showing was her best ewww. But Trisha I'm not too aware of this 50,000 sweepstake. please share with me what it is

Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
There is a mortgage madness sweepstakes going on right now. They put up a code word during breaks on Monday night shows. You then put the code into the on-line entry. The sweepstakes are only open on Monday nights.

http://www.hgtv.com/about-us/sweepstakes/index.html

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6965 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can u send me the link to the online entry? the link u sent was showing the list of winners only.

Much Thanks

Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mixie:
can u send me the link to the online entry? the link u sent was showing the list of winners only.

Much Thanks

The link to the entry is only open on Mondays. It is on that page just above the list of winners but again, it only goes to the entry form on Monday.

General Disclaimer

Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
It's only letting you enter once a week
Bummer LOL

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no..glad they are gone...lol

Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do David and Hilary have a new show?
I do miss them dreadfully!

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: Aug 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odicyoti:
Do David and Hilary have a new show?
I do miss them dreadfully!

They're on 50 times a week, how could you possibly miss them?

General Disclaimer

posted Hide Post
LOL .... Sparky you're mean ... I'm sure odicyoti meant new episodes of Hilary & David are missed Razz

Mgo287 -- you don't know quality work when u see it Razz

Btw Sparky 2mrw I'm gonna click the link and enter, if I win anything I'll be sure to send a $1 to you. hehehe Wink

posted Hide Post
You wouldn't miss them if you lived in NJ.Maybe your HGTV line up is different than mine, because here in NJ, LIOLI is practically the only thing on. I have completely given up on HGTV since they have reduced their programming to constant marathons of reruns.

Posts: 1792 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am in agreement with the majority of viewers of Love it Or List It. LOLI2 is HORRIBLE. The same thing happened to Property Virgins when Sandra R left. The show was never the same and I really hope this new show is not going to replace David and Hillary who are just awesome all the way around!!! Would love to hear from someone from HGTV as to what they are thinking.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hillary is a complete joke. She bungles every project she touches and she is in complete denial when her customers complain. It's about time that she gets the boot!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just noticed the hosts are new. Where is Hilary and David?? Bring them back, please!!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like their accents! I miss David"s receeding hair line! I miss th.eir fighting. I can't do these new ppl. Use them on another show.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Mixie, I like David and Hillary. She always finds ways to make old warn out homes look beautiful, and I love how confident she is. The other two are just carbon copies.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anne Berkowitz
I agree with you on about Property Virgins. Sandra was gentle and motherly when she was helping novice buyers.

I've never seen her get upset with any of them, unless I missed a program or more.

posted Hide Post
Sorry guys I'm brand new on this forum, I made some mistakes I see. But my message is accurate.

posted Hide Post
I just hope they don't replace Hillary and David for those new hosts. I don't like them at all and I will no longer watch the show if Hillary and David are no longer on it.....

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CC-IMO:
anyone know why there are new hosts?
I do like the show,
just NOT the endless repeats and have to admit the show won't seem the seem the same without
Hilary and David,
IMO I think Hilarys designs are wonderful and Davids abuse from the homeowners is something to watch,of course there are some who do not like the show,
but
it is different and we kinda got used to the constant stream of nasty,offensive homeowners
LOL

i am in my right mind...i think..lol and i hate the execution of both shows...the concept is a decent one but i feel the implementation by the producing company and some obvious differences between canadian language/phrases versus american annoy the heck out of me..
the execution issues stem from the obvious staged drama/fake smart allecky banter and poor acting.
the american/canadian disconnect for me has to do with overuse of the phrase "open concept", and the continual reference to the actors as "designer Hillary" and "realtor David" as opposed to just Hillary and David. I may be alone on this but i find that annoying and cheesy to hear while trying to watch the show.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I detest the original show and this one is worse. If Jillian says "adorable" one more time, I am going to reach into the TV screen and slap her! She is insufferable and not nearly as "adorable" as she thinks she is. Oh, and if she is an interior decorator, I'm the King of England!

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jul 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just love the Hilary/David chemistry. They keep my interest. They remind me in a way of Fred & Ethel Mertz. Even though the premise of the show needs to be formulaic for production purposes, the two leads shine with a personal realism and underlying affinity for the other that I find comforting and attractive. Additionally, I respect their obvious intelligence and savvy. This show has grown on me, I search it out, and for me, it just clicks. The combo of Hilary and David cannot be duplicated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Fair Lawn, NJ, USA | Registered: Aug 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey signorgelato ..... I too find myself searching for Love it or List it programs, but unfortunately its only re-runs on television right now Frown

posted Hide Post
I am so dissapointed that David and Hillary are not on the show. I do not like the new version at all. Sorry, i like the marker and paper version of the design versus the tablet. I like the connection that David and Hillary have with each other. The new hosts try to imitate what David and Hillary have and it clearly does not work. NOt to mention Desta, Fergus and the other gentleman whose name escapes me at the moment. Please say they are going to return.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BonnieN
posted Hide Post
Put me down for David and Hillary all the way! IF they aren't on, I am not watching, Hillary's designs are awesome!!!

Posts: 2732 | Location:  | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elfie
posted Hide Post
The production website is still advertising for casting calls for both LIOLI & LIOLI Too, so I don't think we have to worry about losing David, Hillary and the crew!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, I agree. Why mess up a good thing?

Posts: 11 | Location: Wanted to comment on shows | Registered: Aug 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These new hosts are horrible! Bring back the old ones. The new ones are not credible at all!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post