Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Station does not listen to viewers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Station does not listen to viewers Sign In/Join 
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
the good ole days when everyone had something to say about everyone and anything,lol many people were banned ,these days the board now is mild compared to the lively yesteryears

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey, bana (and others longtimers)....

I don't even come to the board for weeks, and weeks. Once a month MAYBE just to just on contestsSmile

It may have taken a decade but I do think HGTV has peaked. It may never plummet (like TLC did for a while.) And I don't even WISH any ill, it's just that I just think it would take a ratings plummet to get them back to what made them great in the first place.

But whatever.....I don't watch anymore so, for me, unless I see what I want them to offer I'm not watching.

I tried to tell on newbie this isn't new and got a nasty PM -- "never talking to him/her that way again." Really?

If any of you watch Food Network...check out the new book on the behind the scenes story of the channel. VERY interesting stories about the people and personalities there -- executives and stars. AND since it's also owned by Scripps HGTV is mentioned (in the middle to the end especially.) And there's stuff in there about HGTV's programming strategy. But start to finish the entire book is VERY interesting.

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by santa_fe:
quote:
Originally posted by happyjoker:
Hey Softball,don't you know that the folks on this message board love these "reality" shows and believe what they are watching is real.Don't try to spoil their illusions or question them or they will spout their superior intellect or call you names. Trust me this is site is not for civil or reality based discussions.It's only interesting to read the posts for facepalm and giggle purposes.

Thanks for yet another impressive post, happyjoker and/or Softballumpire. We are all astounded by your insights and analyses. Again, what grade are you in?

Softballupire, I apologize for comments about your command of English if English is not your native language. I understand that web translators are only good if you already have a little bit of an understanding of the other language . What you're writing has not translated very well in English, and doesn't make much sense.

First off apology is not accepted secondly if your going to speak you should know what the issue. thirdly and its none of your business. fourth i don't make alt accounts.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too miss the design and explanatory shows. Loved color splash, design on a dime, and the show where the host used the color wheel of personal items (been so long, I can't even remember the name), oh and Dear Genevieve (even though she was a little sappy sometimes).

Currently, I do enjoy some episodes of house hunters (not international), income property, property brothers and kitchen cousins even though I wish there were other shows. My question is: Who is watching the same show ALL Day Long? Programming schedule has 12+ hours of TV listed, but only 3 shows? Even if I do enjoy an episode of property brothers, it is not what I want to see for 5 hours.
I get what you are saying about useless to complain, just venting along with you. I do get DIY network, but even that seems to be leaning toward major reno shows and not do it yourself type of projects.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jane Lockhart -- of color wheel fame -- hosted Get Color and Color Confidential.

Aaah the good old days...Room by Room, Decorating Cents, Weekend Warriors and Help Around the House. Before and After, Dream House, Chris Madden, Kitty Bartholomew, Michael Payne (the original Designing for the Sexes), Decorating with Style by Cindy Picoli, Fix It (with Pat and Jodi), Carol Duvall (arts and crafts). And Gardening by the Yard, of course

I STILL wish HGTV would run the old shows in an overnight block called HGTV classics.

I remember when "Design on a Dime" and Sensible Chic (Double Take) were new and interesting, and even a nice change from the one designer type shows -- and I like those new twists. But I honestly believe THOSE SHOWS were the last of the new additions before the slide. Looking back I'd say "Designed to Sell" was the very beginning of the end for me. It's success led to the long slow slide to the utter banality and inanity HGTV offers today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: clbselah,

Posts: 2513 | Registered: Jun 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
There is nothing that makes my mouth drop more than when I see any of those real estate programs, Are these buyers for real? Do real buyers act and say what they say in any of those programs.
I cannot believe some of the comments. Is as if they have lived in mansions all their lives and now condescend to live in a house.

Posts: 4900 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HELLO HGTV, YOU HAVE TAKEN THE GARDEN SHOWS OFF AND THE DECORATING SHOWS OFF TO SHOW A SLEW OF HOUSE BUYING SHOWS AND NOW SHOWS WHERE THE PRICE OF THE HOMES AN AVERAGE PERSON CANNOT AFFORD. LOVE IT OR LIST IT, HOUSE HUNTERS AND HHI, AND NOW HHR, PROPERTY BROTHERS YOU SHOW BACK TO BACK TO BACK!!! DID YOU REALLY DROP THE GARDEN OUT OF YOUR NAME?? BRING YOUR GARDEN AND DECORATING SHOWS BACK!! YOUR LOSING ME!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Jan 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
There is a way to get a message to HGTV. There is a Chat Line set up and you connect with a live person. You can let them know what programming you want to see and they will forward that info to the Programming Department. If enough people contact them, maybe we will make a difference.

The Chat Line is available Mon-Fri 9 to 5 ET. Sometimes I cannot get through and I just try later.

Here is a link that can help:

http://www.hgtv.com/contact-us/package/index.html

The Chat Line is a small green box located above the email form. The only info they ask for is your name and email address. Marylee

Posts: 1448 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I have posted emails, and used the Chat Line, the most that I am getting, is that my comments will be relayed to the proper individuals whatever and whomever that means

Posts: 4900 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I know we don't see any results re: programming, but I believe the Chat Line is the best way of getting our opinions across to the network. I also realize that the Message Board is only a small portion of the viewers, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I used to think that the Facebook would be a good way to contact the network, but I don't know if they pay attention to that either. A lot of people on Facebook have the same complaints as those of us on the Message Board.

I have sent emails about the Message Board being so outdated where the Shows are concerned. Most of them are not even being aired anymore. No improvement there either.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post