Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Love it or List it, too.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love it or List it, too. Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
WHat a terrible copy of the original love it or list it. The designs of that beauty queen are cheap and she clearly hasn't got a clue of what design is. Hillary is a Brand name, not just another designer and David is also a brand name. They are irreplacable, please take that beauty queen and the other unexperienced realtor out of the show.

dianaohare

Posts: 1 | Location: US | Registered: Apr 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK people, seriously... keep calm and Google on. Love it or List it Too is not meant to replace the original show, now are it's hosts meant to replace Hilary and David. The show us a spin off of the original and owes its existence top the popularity and success of the original. The original is NOT BEING CANCELLED nor are the original hosts being replaced, they simply didn't have enough episodes of the show and the spin off is being shot in Vancouver instead of Toronto. EVERYONE CALM DOWN, the original show isn't going anywhere and Hillary and David's employment is secure!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a little patronizing for you to be talking to us like we're children.

If we want to express our thoughts and feelings about the new show and the hosts, why would you care? This is a bulletin board after all. That's the purpose of boards.hgtv.

The spin off is still a waste of a show, regardless of what happens with the original!

Posts: 33 | Location: West Hollywood, California | Registered: May 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally watched an episode of Love it or List it Too and was surprised to see Jillian. Jillian was on the Bachelor and when she wasn't picked, they gave her the opportunity to be the Bachelorette the following season. It just surprised me to see her.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Apr 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was on last nite. I thought she did a nice job on the house. I thought the realtor was kind of a jerk but didn't find either of them any more offensive then the original two.

Posts: 8039 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee whiz people! Cut the kids some slack. They are young and this is their first season. No,they are not Hillary and David but I'll bet Hillary and David's first season wasn't all that great either. They are going to have to have time and experience to grow into their roles and perfect their own characters. Give them a chance.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am truly confused watching this new version of Love It or List It Too.

It felt like watching a Game Show Host attempting to "act out" David's part.

I've been watching HGTV since its beginning back in mid-1990's when it was on our old C-Band Satellite (before it made it to cable), and this show is throwback to those early HGTV days when there was very little budget because your advertisers were Ginsu Knives and Chia Pets, etc.

Please HGTV, get this show OFF the air before HGTV jumps the shark.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AnObserver,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drop the TOO - It is very difficult to replace a show with a less experienced version. LI-or-LI TOO does not make the cut. Jillian and Todd need to get their own show that is completely original. I LOVE David and Hilary on "Love It or List It". I can't imagine why you would want to try to slip in this TOO version, it just does not work. They do not have the natural chemistry that Hilary and David have, the credibility, and I just refuse to watch it. They seem like they are trying to imitate the experts with no real expertise. No believability here, I would rather watch re-runs of Hilary and David.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here here! Don't waste money on the silly too show. Spend it on an extra episode of the original. Or just show repeats of the original and save the money for quality programming.

Posts: 33 | Location: West Hollywood, California | Registered: May 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello

I do not think that HGTV personnel is paying attention to our message. However, I like to say that Bring Back Hilary & David on 'Love It or List

I also believe that there should be more information about the costs of the renovation
to support why a MUST Have is deleted from the list....

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't read all of the post, but is this version of the show take place in Canada or is it in the US? I'm thinking that it's on the west coast.

Posts: 67 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand what happened to Hillary and David? Did they quit? I miss them! =(

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heidibear
posted Hide Post
I love Hillary & David on this show. These two new hosts are horrible. I will not watch any more until these two new ones are gone. Please bring back Hillary & David.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I love to see these shows, Love it or List it or House Hunters, whenever I feel down, like this past sunday that it was raining and my sunroom sprung a serious leak. I felt down and out in this world. so, I turned the TV and saw a few of these episodes. I laughed so hard at seeing unbelievable shows, and very unfortunate homeowners, and their very stupid comments, that inmediately, my mood lifted and realized that all is not so bad in my world.

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this show! My friends are currently redoing their kitchen and bathrooms to get their house ready to sell and I keep telling them that they are going to end up on Love it or List it because after the kitchen is finished, they won't want to move anymore lol

Posts: 21 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: Aug 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Any Realtor will tell you, that if a prospective seller spends serious money in order to sell their house, is not being wise. The amount that they will get back is usually 50-60% of the total cost of the renovation and on top, if their comps (sold houses) have been sold for a lot less. they are putting themselves in a bad situation to sell for more money than the actual comps. Research with Realtors.

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onechattybird:
OK people, seriously... keep calm and Google on. Love it or List it Too is not meant to replace the original show, now are it's hosts meant to replace Hilary and David. The show us a spin off of the original and owes its existence top the popularity and success of the original. The original is NOT BEING CANCELLED nor are the original hosts being replaced, they simply didn't have enough episodes of the show and the spin off is being shot in Vancouver instead of Toronto. EVERYONE CALM DOWN, the original show isn't going anywhere and Hillary and David's employment is secure!

LOL. I love you! Seriously, the posters are too caught up in their lack of information and self righteousness to understand that. I am sure none of them have the credentials as the people that are on these shows have -even though they will tell you they do... I don't fall for it because you can be anyone on the internet.

Anyway,

I love this show and the location is amazing! Absolutely beautiful...

Posts: 67 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Can't believe all these negative posts about Jillian and Todd. They are so much better than Hillary and David. "Ham" David is constantly flaying his arms, screaming and being demeaning to everyone, hate the "banter" between he and Hillary, not necessary. I agree that Jillian and Todd need to find their own niche on the show, but in no way are they even close to as rude, condescending and egotistical as Hillary and David. Hillary takes all the credit, giving her team none and all she does is saunter around and scream a lot or find lame excuses and always blames other people for her mistakes. Disgusting! I would rather watch LIOLI Too way before I would watch Hillary and David. So sick of their demeanors. Maybe what HGTV really needs for both of these shows are new writers. Shake up the format a bit, cut some of the rudeness (although I'm not sure Hillary or David could curtail their boorish mannerisms). Give Jillian and Todd a chance. They are getting their sea legs and will find their niche and you'll see it will be a much more relaxing and enjoyable show to watch than the Duel of Hillary and David Show!!!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LAguy:
Even the home owners are actors... and bad ones at that!

The homeowners are not actors, they really are homeowners seeking out help. There was an article in the Vancouver newspaper about Kelly and Colin Smyth and their experience with the show. Google their name and you can read it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
What is the saying? "there is a fool born every few minutes." LOL

posted Hide Post
Not disagreeing with anyone on here. This show is not nearly as good as the original and I sort of just flip to another channel when I see that it is on, but what can you do I guess.. What I want to know is, what is the meaning of "too" in the title? To me it just looks like a silly grammatical error, but I'm thoroughly curious why it is there..

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post