Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Love it or List it, too.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love it or List it, too. Sign In/Join 
posted
Not really a fan of this show as it seems its a poor copy of the original. The hosts seem nice enough, however, David and Hillary are the rock stars of this genre!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are Hillary and David?

The new hosts are pretty dry/boring.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Nov 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ohsquared
posted Hide Post
I watched for the codeword to the contest.
Carbon copy of the original . . . right down to the scriptwriters, overacting couple and voiceovers. Even the guy's cadence mimicked David's.

Posts: 81 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Nov 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night’s show March 4th had two new hosts. Their attempt to be like Hilary and David was very bad acting. They were not believable when talking with the clients and the new contractors as well. Also being so young doesn’t make their tips credible. I really missed Hilary and David and I hope they don’t replace them.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do NOT like this show. These 2 people are trying to be like Hillary and David and it isn't working. They just don't have the same relationship and their sourcasm isn't good at all. Also, seems Hillary can do more on less money. I'm not impressed. This show can go by the wayside in my opinion. I'll Always prefer the original Love it or List it because of Hillary and David.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boring..

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The content of the show is not so good thats why i didn't like it so much..Compare to this other shows like big bang theory,dexter are more interesting.

Posts: 11 | Location: usa | Registered: Mar 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
very popular in Canada on the w channel, we are switching to dish tv wonder if we can see this channel and see any difference????
LOL

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
e

The formula of "Love It Or List It' isn't that great. The battle of acid tougues--i.e., Snarky Hillary & machinations David ARE THE SHOW.

Just as Sandra V. wasn't replaceable in "Property Virgins", "Love It, Or List It's" brand names David & Hillary are irreplaceable-- the grease that makes the wheels turn.

If HTV is smart (?) it will get their job done & reinstate Sandra, David, & Hillary--NOW.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ardis2:
quote:
e

The formula of "Love It Or List It' isn't that great. The battle of acid tougues--i.e., Snarky Hillary & machinations David ARE THE SHOW.

Just as Sandra V. wasn't replaceable in "Property Virgins", "Love It, Or List It's" brand names David & Hillary are irreplaceable-- the grease that makes the wheels turn.

If HTV is smart (?) it will get their job done & reinstate Sandra, David, & Hillary--NOW.

Never knew David and Hilary were gone,still showing new episodes here at 8:00pm Mondays EST
Still very popular at Canada's W TV

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched "Love It, Or List It, Too" Not good, not good at all! I never realized how much I liked David, Hillary and the construction crew, until I saw the new show.

Bring back Hillary and David or just keep showing reruns, this new show isn't worth my time.

Posts: 1 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: Mar 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOVE IT OR LIST IT, TOO is HORRIBLE! Please tell me this is not the new show.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched the episode where the designer gal told the dad the two boys would LOVE sharing their room when she finished it. Didn't see how old the boys were, apparently young as she put cheap looking metal bunk beds in the room. But fruit pictures on the wall? Really? I raised girls but pretty sure young boys would prefer something more fun than an apple, a pear, and a banana over their bed.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never write on message boards but felt compelled to find this to report to HGTV...I thought this show was horrible! Jillian, the realtor, the assistant, and the contractor all lacked a connection with one another. Poor energy and dynamics with that team. CANNOT compare to Hilary/David and crew...they've got it. Didn't like the realtor trying to speak and act just like David. Didn't care for Jillian's design...looked rather cheap. I love hgtv shows so just very disappointed in this poor attempt. Have to put the blame on the producers for this one. I am sure the team was doing what they we told.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an avid HGTV viewer for years. I have never once thought about signing up for any message boards or anything of that type for HGTV. Not until now. Watching Love It Or List It Too, is the exact reason why I am here. It is HORRID. There is nothing comparable to Hilary or David. Jillian's designs seem so unorthodox and not something I would personally put into a design or believe many of the other host of other TV design shows on HGTV would do. I hope they do not continue to run Love It Or List It Too. It is a mockery to Hilary and David and poor choice of design from the new host. Oh, and that guy on there (Tod), is he serious? I found myself thinking I was watching a bad middle school play with really bad actors. The show is like a remake of a classic movie, just cannot get the same wonderful result!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HORRIBLE ACTING! Oh my goodness, I just couldn't take it anymore. I caught the last 25 minutes of Love it or List it Too and was soooo happy I didn't sit through the whole thing. The hosts are trying too hard to mimic Hilary and David. I really wanted to see if these new hosts were going to have different personalities or add something new to the series...what a huge disappointment. No chemistry, bad writing, bad acting (by the homeowners and the hosts), bad filming..they didn't even show the homeowners natural reactions during the reveal. The cameras went straight to the renovated spaces with the designer and homeowners voicing over the room images. I don't even think it was shot the day of the reveal. THIS NEW SHOW *****, PLEASE KEEP HILARY & DAVID! AND BRING SANDRA BACK TO THE US!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sums up my feelings perfectly!!!!!!!! Add my vote for David and Hilary and DO NOT go forward with LIOLI2!!!! THANKS LumanT3!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by LumanT3:
I am an avid HGTV viewer for years. I have never once thought about signing up for any message boards or anything of that type for HGTV. Not until now. Watching Love It Or List It Too, is the exact reason why I am here. It is HORRID. There is nothing comparable to Hilary or David. Jillian's designs seem so unorthodox and not something I would personally put into a design or believe many of the other host of other TV design shows on HGTV would do. I hope they do not continue to run Love It Or List It Too. It is a mockery to Hilary and David and poor choice of design from the new host. Oh, and that guy on there (Tod), is he serious? I found myself thinking I was watching a bad middle school play with really bad actors. The show is like a remake of a classic movie, just cannot get the same wonderful result!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! What the **** with new "the Love it or List it, TOO"?!?!? I HATE IT! HATE IT! WTF with the hosts? They are awful - don't like the hosts' unnatural conversations with the homeowners. They are a bit sarcastic that rubs me the wrong way. Jillian's (is that her name) advice and/or complains are completely unbelievable - doesn't seem like she knows what she's talking about. TThis is the first and the last time that I will watch it.

The original is soooooo much better - long live Hilary and David!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with others, the "too" show is horrible!!! I actually think that the hosts of the new show are rude and condescending. The job of the designer and real estate agent is NOT to fight with each other but to give the clients the best of 2 choices. When the home owners choose one option, it's awful that the hosts are devastated. Julianne and Todd are phony, immature and hard to watch, I love David and Hillary, if you want to clone the original, find 2 new hosts, Julian and Todd need to go,

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really cannot believe that HGTV lacks such imagination. When I first saw Love it or List it with David and Hillary I thought it was an exaggerated and silly show. After awhile, I kind of enjoyed seeing their personalities develop, There is kind of sweetness about them that makes the show quite watchable. Another thing, they are not perfect looking "Barbie and Ken" people. They have character. Then, along comes Love It or List It Too. Are you kidding? They took all the boring, dumb parts of the show and poured it into Barbie and Ken. Of course, I'm an old woman, and I am probably not the demographic they are seeking. Nonetheless, I suspect that 20 somethings also see the shallowness of the new show and find it insulting that the producers thing that is the bad quality of show they prefer. Please, HGTV, use a little more imagination.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind these shows are not HGTV productions they are produced by the W network in Canada. HGTV just buys the shows and shows them on TV. Given the amount of chatter on the boards about these shows they are drawing viewers to HGTV. For whatever reason HGTV thinks they are getting more viewers with shows like House Hunters, House Hunters International, LIOLI, Property Brothers, Kitchen Cousins etc. The days of instructive shows are pretty much over, even DIY isn't about DIY anymore.

If you don't like them don't watch them. Complaining here won't change the programming at HGTV because frankly the boards are on autopilot and have been for several years. Look at how often they update any of the threads for Dream House, Green Home etc for proof.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6941 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
When is LILI TOO on?? I can't tell the difference in the listings.

Posts: 7983 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
It's luv it or list ,only with no Hilary or David, I always believed that there is nothing like the original and throw off are not the best or even better than the original

I LUV LIOLI but hate the constant stream of repeats,just like a break and see an alternation of a lot of different shows even old ones,geeshhhhhhhh giveus a break

The new hosts? NOT Hilary or David??

posted Hide Post
I must agree - I was horrified at the poor imitation of David and Hillary. Why does this new host try to sound so much like David and attempt to mimic his style and mannerisms? This is a poor knockoff that I am underwhelmed by.

HGTV - PLEASE do not try to switch out the original Love It or List It for this poor imitation. The original is much, much better.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please leave us hillary and david!! You took away Sandra already, we can't take losing more favorites!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this show is a flop. These hosts cannot and will not replace Hilary or David. This show is uninteresting and I only leave me television on this channel baecause I know that David and Hilary wil be showing next.

Angela Manning

Posts: 5 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like most other poseters, I think this show is horrible. What was HGTV thinking in trying to create what appears to be a spin off? Yes LIOLI is a bit campy and yes every episode Hillary is going to discover some major issue during the renovation that blows the budget, but this show just doesn't pull it off

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this show, it is in the USA and I love Todd and Jillian. The Love it or list it original show is phony and redundant and the same every time.

posted Hide Post
What is HGTV thinking.... I love the original show... this one is a frankenstein of the 1st... I HATE IT... please make it go away HGTV!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go ahead and say this show needs to be listed. It's awful.

posted Hide Post
What a sad attempt with Love it or List it Too! They are not David and Hillary! Not even close. Don't know how much our complaints are listened to, maybe we just have to switch channels to something else to get the message across. Jillian's remodeling lacks the pizzazz that Hillary's has. Sad attempts!

posted Hide Post
Hate the show. Weak imitation. Watched twice and hate myself for it. Bad acting and no personality. I am big fan of hgtv but give me shows like this and I am gone.

Saritagz

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw the new show and totally agree that it stinks. What idiot thought of this???? These remakes/sequels or whatever you call them almost never work. The original was a success because of the chemistry between the original cast, even though the plot was always the same. There is no way anyone else can have the same "tension" play out so comically. Also, I love the general surly behavior between everyone--that just makes it more interesting. If Hilary and David want out, then they need to end the show and create another new successful show for the new people that they can put their stamp on. So--I vote for getting rid of Love It or List It Too. If they can't keep the original LIOLI, then I'll be more than content with reruns.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is so awful. Very sad imitation of the original.
The acting is so bad. Why would they try to copy Hillary and David?
Make a new show, not a cheap and bad attempt at the original.
Time to change the channel.

posted Hide Post
I'm an avid fan of Love it or List It and was so excited for the American version of the show. Unfortunately, the new version left me with a strong desire to jump into frigid Lake Michigan and swim to Canada to seek out Hillary and David for a safe haven: hgtv, what were you thinking hiring a BATCHELOR/BATCHELORETTE contestant???? What?!!! No credibility, terrible acting, so disingenuous. Jillian is just a bar fly who smokes too much and wants to be famous. Why is the world would you pass this fantastic franchise onto her??
The realtor seems fine but is a bit of a David clone. Be your own guy.

Is this an April fools joke?!?! Please find more qualified hosts and keep the show. Otherwise, cancel immediately and leave Hillary and David to the heavy lifting. I've never felt more Canadian pride as an American.

posted Hide Post
WHERE'S HILIARY?!?!? HGTV I love DIY but it is best if something is already perfect don't try to fix it. Please bring back Hilary and David.

posted Hide Post
love it or list it, too was BEYOND painful. just terribly, terribly painful. please stick to hilary and david.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, HGTV is clueless. They dont seem to realize the issue is with the premise and stye of the show. Its bad because its scripted and contrived with lousy acting. Sure, the original actors are annoying but i guess they have grown familiar and acceptable to some.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Feb 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgo287:
IMO, HGTV is clueless. They dont seem to realize the issue is with the premise and stye of the show. Its bad because its scripted and contrived with lousy acting. Sure, the original actors are annoying but i guess they have grown familiar and acceptable to some.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm an avid fan of Love it or List It and was so excited for the American version of the show.

American version???

Both versions of the show are Canadian. Jillian is a Canadian and lives in Vancouver.

Posts: 7983 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeeters78:
Not really a fan of this show as it seems its a poor copy of the original. The hosts seem nice enough, however, David and Hillary are the rock stars of this genre!

this is the worst...they seem very over-top and dramatic acting....I don't like it at all....I would like to know why they chose to create this.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeeters78:

I agree. I am not a fan of the original as I feel so much more can be done with the budgets given I felt new hosts could make the show more interesting.

It is annoying to watch one host start a project and never be able to finish it within the budget yet the property brothers seem to do a WHOLE lot more with the same or less.

What I saw was 2 people trying to copy the 2 original hosts right down to their annoying smug demeanors. I have to say that Jillian was not as rude or smug as hilliary but her "acting" like her was not what should be done for a new show. Spin-off or not.

And how is it that the houses found are always disaster, not bad, perfect, in that order. The husband would not have anything to do with the first house because it was the wrong neighborhood but the final house, also in the wrong neighborhood, that was fine and he did a complete 180 and loved it?

I have heard too many stories of how both of these shows are fake and just made to look good but rooms are not finished and multiple endings are taped and the producers choose which ending is aired.

Let the hosts do it in their own way, not have hillary/david clones.

Posts: 1 | Location: Farmingdale, ny | Registered: Apr 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So true, just copy-cats~

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prior to the new show there were nothing but complaints about the original. This show must be seriously bad to be worse than the original! Big Grin

Posts: 211 | Registered: Apr 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, duplication is NOT. The new hosts have promise but Hilary and David already do the insults and these two should get a new schtick. Faux-David is insulting to the audience AND the buyers.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show and its hosts are so annoying!! Why have two different shows?

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PLEASE TAKE AWAY LOVE IT OR LIST IT TOO!!! This is a VERY BAD copy of the original show. The format is the same ... they hosts say the exact same thing ... they have the exact same problems. What is the purpose of this BAD spin off? Normally a spin off will have it own flavor. THIS IS A BAD COPY-CAT OF THE ORIGINAL SHOWN.

Now, I was starting to get tried for the original show too. For instance each time it is the same format ... they don't like the first two houses. They always like the last house. There is ALWAYS a bad cop ... good cop ... home owners for either property and they are saying the SAME THING. And at the OLD home ... THERE ARE ALWAYS ISSUES.

Come on ... is there going to be a time when there are no issues at the old house??? ... is there going to be a time when the property owners like the first house??? ... is there going to be a time when the property owners are not saying the SAME things just in different content that the previous week show said??? ... is there going to be a time when the show host say something different that what they keep saying week after week after week???

Hilary team does do an awesome job at the old homes.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had no idea there were message boards, but if anyone from HGTV reads this LOVE IT OR LIST IT TOO *****! The hosts are HORRIBLE. Do not take make me stop watching this show. Seriously so, so bad.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show is ridiculous. It's as if actors are remaking the original shows! HGTV doesn't care that everyone hates the show. They dont really care about their viewers. The only reason I still watch HGTV is that there are no alternatives. I cannot wait until they have competition (in the U.S.).

Posts: 33 | Location: West Hollywood, California | Registered: May 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even the home owners are actors... and bad ones at that!

Posts: 33 | Location: West Hollywood, California | Registered: May 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post