Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Buy and Sell (property bros. new show)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buy and Sell (property bros. new show) Sign In/Join 
posted
Just so the most recent episode of this show and all I can say is that I felt so sorry for the brothers. If you saw the episode, you know what I mean.

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Actually, I happen to like this show a lot more than the other.
First of all, although still expensive in my book what they spend in the renovations to put the house in the best light for sale is not that bad. And last Sat, they actually found a stainless Steel refrigerator and a stove both for 1700 dollars, Are they actually going to places that most of us go shopping?

Posts: 4902 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I enjoy this show also. They do alot with a small amount of money to get the home ready.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw an episode of Buying and Selling the other day and am so angry I will no longer watch these brothers in any show. I am also spreading the word to all that will listen. They call the home owners master bedroom "Granny". So now the word Granny is an insult in the English language? The room was boring and the hand made quilt the homeowners mother made for her was not the color scheme for a modern show trying to sell a house. Then they caught the woman knitting and told her she was acting "Granny" again. Do these writers think that knitting is only for old people? Most of my young hip friends knit. They do fantastic modern things. Maybe these boys live in a world of only "Made in China" decor, how boring. If so I hope neither one ever has a child that wants to hang art on the fridge. They were so rude to the homeowners! Then at the end of the show the woman gave her quilt to the brothers (I don't believe it!) and the guys played hot potato, daring the other to take the quilt home. That master had plain white walls and 80's style valance's with no curtains, the quilt was not the problem.
The show premise also calls for the homeowners to comment while undergoing renovations. What whining! Really, if someone came into my home and totally gutted my bathroom to redo inside a week, the last thing I would be complaining about is having to share a bath with two kids for one week. Seriously, do the writers really think that one week of sharing a bathroom is such a hardship or will cause family strife?
Very disappointed! The writing was terrible and if the two stars (whom I always rather liked) really feel that way, I do not ever need to watch their shows again.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new to the forum, but I just love the Drew and Jonathan ..... they are so entertaining and always have wonderful info to glean from....I love Jonathans decorating abilities and his Great creative views on maximizing space and tooo many things to itemize and then Drew gives such Helpful tips on how the buying market is as of today...so I give both shows ...THE PROPERTY BROTHERS AND BUYING AND SELLING A # 10 TOP rating....Brenda

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post