Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Spontaneous Construction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spontaneous Construction Sign In/Join 
Picture of mriley
posted
I watched Spontaneous Construction last night (Friday). A family of eight had their home virtually destroyed during Hurricane Sandy. They lost their basement and first floor and were living in three bedrooms and bath on the second floor of their home.

A request for volunteers was put out on the internet and facebook. A huge group of people answered the call and they accomplished the task of repairing and reconstructing the home in three days! Professional construction people were brought in where it was necessary.

Did anyone else see this program? I really liked seeing the group and all they did for the family.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1455 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard of it. Is it a scheduled show?

Posts: 208 | Registered: Apr 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I came across this show by accident. I did a search and found info, but it did not say when there will be any future shows. It appears that the show was shown on Feb, 15 and 16 and again on Mar. 12. I had not seen anything about this show before.

The group of people who volunteered to help were called a flash mob and they danced. Sherry Shepherd from the View was also involved. The Host of the show Ricky Paul Goldin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1455 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post