Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Where are all of your design shows?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are all of your design shows? Sign In/Join 
posted
Dear HGTV,

I have been a loyal viewer of HGTV for over 15 years. Your shows taught me how to decorate, redesign and remodel. I learned how to plant seeds and watch them grow, maintain a garden and enjoy the fruits of our labor. I remember Design Time Saturday nights, with show after show of design and decorating and waking up to gardeing shows on Sunday mornings.

I am sad to say that I no longer watch your channel. I am not interested in finding a house, flipping a house, watching someone buy a house (here or in another country). Like millions of people in this country, who have homes and want to decorate, redesign and remodel we can no longer tune in to see the latest and greatest shows, on HGTV because all you air is House Hunting and Flipping.

Why continue to have HGTV Design Star, when you wont air their shows? I stopped watching that too. You have some of the most talented designers, why are you not airing their work? I am so confused by what you are trying to do. If you no longer wish to air design, decorating and gardening then call your channel something else. Shouldn't HGTV (Home & Garden TV) show home decorating, design and garden shows?

I have read through other boards, here, and I am not alone in my feelings. I am not trying to complain, but someone, someplace has got to listen to your viewers. I want more design, decorating and garden shows, please.

Posts: 1 | Location: Seattle | Registered: Sep 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Obright1, I agree with you. You said it very well. A lot of people think as you do. I wish someone at HGTV would listen.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Oh so many agree with your post, over the years we have all said the same thing. Unfortunately, this message board is not the place to complain to HGtV, they don't come here and listen or read any of our post. they simply have a message board but they don't have anything to do with it
Perhaps if you could send your letter to HTGV corporate they may listen to you, I am sure it has been tried before, so good luck to you.

Posts: 4901 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post