Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Respectfully asking for a new 'format' of House Hunters...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Respectfully asking for a new 'format' of House Hunters... Sign In/Join 
Picture of CJO
posted
We've watched 4-ever, and I am officially burned out on the following comments: Wow, husband/wife closet jokes, can't live w/out double sink jokes, popcorn ceilings, 'looks like my grandma's house', etc....

The shows are so scripted I actually deleted all the DVR'd HHs and am about to stop recording the HHIs as well.

May we please have fresh, original comments???

Posts: 2769 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
You need to put those words in the website where you can write comments about those shows, here, unfortunately, they don't give a hoot what you say, they don't come here and read anything. They simply think that uless their ratings don't fall they are doing fine.

Posts: 4900 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lavern2
posted Hide Post
Let me add a few more...

* I want to live in the city where all the action is, but I don't want to "be able to see my neighbors."

* We can't buy a house with stairs, because my kid might fall down them.

* Our dog(s) won't like this yard.

* We need a gigantic "dining space" because we like to entertain.

* Two sinks are a must, because we brush our teeth at the same time each morning

Etc. etc. etc.......

Posts: 1025 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: Jan 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always have to laugh when the husband says he loves the "window treatments". Seriously???? Like a straight guy is really going to come up with that one!

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jun 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
I can live with most of the cringe worthy comments, but I really draw the line when on HHI they show people's dirty dishes, full closets and unmade beds. This happens a lot on HHI rentals.

Exactly who are they trying to fool?

Posts: 3395 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of santa_fe
posted Hide Post
If they change the format, it'll only be to create a competition of some sort.

Posts: 775 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wish that they would get rid of the awful guitar twang whenever the buyers see a *gasp* laminate countertop or whatever disapoints them.

Posts: 319 | Registered: Aug 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post