Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Flip it to win it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flip it to win it? Sign In/Join 
Picture of santa_fe
posted
Would somebody explain this show to me? Is it a game show? What are people winning? Where do these "teams" come from? Does anyone else find this show confusing?

Posts: 791 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: Oct 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are they winning? Money, if they flip right.

This is a variation ( actually a duplicate) of a show that was on another channel a few years ago. Don't remember the name or channel. People bid on homes for sale by the county (or some govt. Group). Pay in cash. Fix it up and resell.

Had it on because TV was boring yesterday as I cleaned. Interesting the the team with the most potential gain were the ones that did not sell the house, so it was all guess.

Posts: 7254 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At first I found this show's premise confusing, didn't know what it was about and I pretty much still don't but I like the renovations they do so I decided not to care too much about the particulars.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also like the finished renovations on this show. Has anyone else noticed that when the "flippers" do a walk-through at the end they seem shocked by the changes? ("Oh wow, look at what they did here!" or, "they took this wall out!") It's like they had no say or were not involved in the project.

Another faux show, but I do like the remodels, so I hope it sticks around.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jul 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post