Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Renovate To Rent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Renovate To Rent Sign In/Join 
posted
I love the new show Renovate to Rent! It's so different compared to the "typical" shows HGTV has. Two best friends buy and renovate beat up houses and then rent them out. The show is fun and entertaining and it's not the boring flipping a house for a family. It's a great show for a Tuesday night at 10. If you're looking for a great new HGTV show, you should definitely check out Renovate to Rent!

Posts: 7 | Location: Danielsville, PA | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ms. Hall! I too also stumbled upon this show and absolutely love it! It is so refreshing to see two friends work together without any fake fights and bickering! Definitely recommend this show. Reminds me more of what HGTV used to be.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh...! None of my friends had even heard of this until I told them about it last week. This is hands-down my new fave show! It's the perfect combination of good tips, design & entertainment. The two guys are very genuine & obviously great friends. Such a fun show!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow you guys work network. Do posts like this really ever fool anyone into watching bad shows?

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: happyjoker,

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do posts like this really ever fool anyone into watching bad shows?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Doubt it. Regular posters have seen the "10 new posters" routine for years. Shows succeed on their own merit which means most disappear quickly these days. I do enjoy this show though.

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renovate to Rent is a show I could literally tear apart in a debate with anyone in about five seconds. Number one question that is not broached...Where does the money come from to continue buying houses and do the renovations? If these guys continued to do this owning 50 property's with an average of $15K a year in profit from each property.......they would soon enough be broke. This is REALITY TV. This is entertainment. I can also tell you without any question that HGTV is on this board prodding questions and posting false positives. That is just the way this works in 2013. Anyone can read my background from my previous posts.

Honestly, I think I should go into the Reality TV business and put these fools out of business, but I'm making too much money in real-estate the right way, and that has nothing to do with anything even remotely seen on any of these disingenuous absurd shows.

Reality Television Is Not Reality It Is Entertainment.....Beware!

Posts: 7 | Location: New England | Registered: Jun 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the show overall (at least it's different). The guy who does the renovations seems to know pretty much what he's doing - except for the episode where they did the large house and painted the bedrooms a bright Sherbert Orange. What???

The other guy though, the one who does the finances - wow - am I the only one who gets a little weirded out by this guy? He's just plain strange. Maybe it's the frat boy thing he's sending out, I don't know, but sometimes I have to turn the channel if he gets too much air time.

Posts: 199 | Location: Atlanta, GA. USA | Registered: Mar 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post