Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Renovate To Rent - New Series on Tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Renovate To Rent - New Series on Tonight Sign In/Join 
posted
Anyone watching Renovate To Rent?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't you think your other 4 posts about this show are enough? You would be wiser to post on one of the other threads.

Posts: 7036 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed this show. These two guys understand the market and take a scientific approach to investing. This show is a good guide for future investors. The numbers have to work, or a property is not a good investment.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renovate to Rent is a show I could literally tear apart in a debate with anyone in about five seconds. Number one question that is not broached...Where does the money come from to continue buying houses and do the renovations? If these guys continued to do this owning 50 property's with an average of $15K a year in profit from each property.......they would soon enough be broke. This is REALITY TV. This is entertainment. I can also tell you without any question that HGTV is on this board prodding questions and posting false positives. That is just the way this works in 2013. Anyone can read my background from my previous posts.

Honestly, I think I should go into the Reality TV business and put these fools out of business, but I'm making too much money in real-estate the right way, and that has nothing to do with anything even remotely seen on any of these disingenuous absurd shows.

Reality Television Is Not Reality It Is Entertainment.....Beware!

Posts: 7 | Location: New England | Registered: Jun 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ben, buying rentals properties and renovating them is what they have done for years in Minnesota - you can do some research on line - http://www.sba.gov/about-offic...t/2/3122/news/571491

Posts: 159 | Registered: Aug 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fact that investors purchase rental properties in MN doesn't mean that this particular program isn't another faux-reality, info-tainment program.

Haven't had a chance to check this one out but you're probably 100% correct, Ben.

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reality Television Is Not Reality It Is Entertainment.....Beware!

I think most views are aware that hgtv is entertainment. I watch to see the redo. I'm not interested in rental properties or flipping.
If I was I wouldn't be looking to a tv program for information.

This show is already in reruns. I'm guessing that means it will soon disappear like all new shows on this network. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7983 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post