Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Professional Grade, 6:30am
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Professional Grade, 6:30am Sign In/Join 
Picture of mriley
posted
I like the Professional Grade show. It is aired on Tuesdays at 6:30am. These are new shows with Sean Smith as the host.

The homeowner remodels or renovates one room in the home. Professional contractors look at the project before it is started and take notes. Then the owners do the work with advise from Sean if they need it. When they are finished, the contractors come back and appraise the work and say what they think the project cost. If the cost is more than the homeowners spent, they get the difference in cash. The homeowners can hire workmen if they are needed and their fee goes into the owners expenses.

I liked this show when it was aired a few years ago and it is still one of my favorites. Thank goodness I have my DVR programmed to tape it or I would miss it. I really do not understand the program schedule at HGTV.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Though I am quite sure the figures given at the end of the show are phoney, I like the show too. But I do not DVR anything so I miss most of the shows. Wish they would schedule something like this in the evening. Rarely watch hgtv anymore. Sometimes,when there is nothing else on I will turn it on. So sad. Will be glad when the executives grow up.

Posts: 6978 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Yes..it is sad to say, but we have learned to question anything we hear from HGTV...from the smallest thing to the largest. I don't watch HGTV very often any more. I check the TV Guide on my TV and if it's the same old thing...I don't bother with it.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mriley:
These are new shows with Sean Smith as the host.

??? Sean only hosted the first season or so, IIRC. These episodes are reruns, originally aired in 2010. They may have been filmed as early as 2009.

Given the age of the episodes, the figures may sound a little low. Plus, they filmed them in CO instead of LA.

Posts: 482 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sean did a great job in the 1st and half of the 2nd seasons, I wonder did he leave or HGTV let him go.

Matt Blashaw did seasons 2 and 3, but now he's doing DYI's Yard Crashers now.

Fellow DIYer Chris Grundy will be doing the 4th season that will air later this year, he tweeted it a few weeks back.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Jul 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 4th season's already airing on the DIY network, a channel not included in our cable package. They have a show page and message board on DIY's website.

Posts: 482 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post