Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  WHERE IS DESIGNED TO SELL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHERE IS DESIGNED TO SELL? Sign In/Join 
posted
Hey, does anyone know what happened to DESIGNED TO SELL? What about THE UNSELLABLES - DESIGN ON A DIME - CANDICE OLSEN - SELLING NEW YORK - and all our favorite shows?

Is it because HGTV started a new magazine and they no longer have money to support these shows? HGTV has totally gone down the tubes in the past 8 months or so!

I also noticed another odd thing -- The 2012 winner of Design Star - DANIELLE - was supposed to get her own show, but I haven't seen ONE SHOW with her in it. That's extremely strange.

I also see a huge outcry against LOVE IT OR LIST IT - seems like people HATE that show (like me), but they run it, anyway, like 20 times a week as though they don't care about our opinion!

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Most viewers agree with everything you have said. The hgtv everyone enjoyed is gone, but it happened several years ago. I don't think the magazine had much to do with it, btw it isn't good either. I let my subscription go.

Danielle did have 3-4 shows and I did enjoy her but the last several design stars just disappeared.

Posts: 7983 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are right. All the best shows are gone or are broadcast very little. I loved design to sell. Candace Olsen is my absolute favorite on HGTV but she only seems to get minimal exposure anymore. Sarah Richardson of Sarah's house, another wonderful visionary. Cash to Cari & Rehab Addict are favs too. Bring back more of the design shows HGTV, we can find plenty of reality shows on the other channels.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post