Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  house hunters Dana the germaphobic!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

house hunters Dana the germaphobic! Sign In/Join 
posted
Omg! How in the **** did she get that goodlooking man? How does he put up with her constant nonsense? She kept complaining about smelling something. I hope Craig cuts one and throws the covers over her head!

Posts: 47 | Registered: Apr 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NelleS
posted Hide Post
She was one of the craziest I've seen on the show. Second only to the "turtle lady".

No smells, no bugs, so strange.

And her outfits! long sleeve black tops, leggings, and some sort of tunics!

Posts: 128 | Location: Leesburg, FL | Registered: Apr 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was like a child. I feel sorry for the garden spiders that keep getting exterminated. I'm amazed she agreed to move into a place with a huge outdoor space when it's obvious she hates nature.

Posts: 52 | Location: To chat about shows | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jamajessie:
Omg! How in the **** did she get that goodlooking man? How does he put up with her constant nonsense? She kept complaining about smelling something. I hope Craig cuts one and throws the covers over her head!

This woman is mentally ill. I have been to Birmingham. There is no time of the year where you need to wear a black lycra, sleeves to the wrist, leggings to the ankle, turtle-neck body-suit underneath every dress you put on. She needs to see a psychiatrist. That is treatable. She needs to do it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it isn't possible that she has a medical condition that makes her feel colder than the rest of us? Or wears long clothing to cover up for religious reasons?

Agree, the producers did a great job of planting the huge spider for that one camera shot, didn't they? And, the producers knew they'd selected that house in advance so they instructed the woman to complain about "nature".

Everybody notice that the one attribute complained about is pretty much always present in the home "selected" during the episode? For example: the woman in NJ a few days ago who claimed she didn't want to look at "bi-levels". What type of house had they purchased before filming the episode? You guessed it - a bi-level!

Why do these people deserve such criticism, not to mention the bathroom, pre-teen boy "humor"? All they did was follow the producers instructions and appear on your TV screen in a faux-ality production for 22 minutes.

Pretty much everything you see on reality television from start to finish is faked. That's everything.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AguaBella,

Posts: 487 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
How soon we all forget that there are no designer shows at all on HGTV?
Are we getting complacent with only the Real Estate shows and the Renovations shows?

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we post on a RE show thread, it means we've forgotten our preference for design shows, assuming we had one?

You might want to consider the word "assume" and then rethink your logic, rker.

Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
You are probably correct, but don't you yearn for good design shows? don't you want to see some good gardening shows? and don't you want to see a variety of shows like the ones we used to have?

Posts: 5014 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do you need to criticize other posters b/c they posted on a RE show thread?

If you'd like to start (yet) another thread about the programming, please do.

We've all posted our comments on that topic for several years.

In the meantime, how about we restrict our comments on this thread to the stated topic?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AguaBella,

Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Well, in the case that you have responded in such a gracious manner, I shall now tell you that I will post in whatever post that I feel like it and say whatever I fell like it as long as is not against the rules of this message board.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AguaBella:
In the meantime, how about we restrict our comments on this thread to the stated topic?

Thanks, rker, I agree - I was gracious by merely saying "how about we" stay on topic. If you've reviewed them recently, you know that the rules of the board specify that postings should remain on-topic.

If you intend to follow the rules of the board, I am sure you will immediately delete your last 3 posts for the following reasons: 1. off-topic; 2. off-topic 3. flame-throwing, off-topic. As soon as you do that, I'll delete my responses.

In the meantime, if anyone cares to post about this particular episode of HH, please do.

Thanks in advance.

posted Hide Post
Agree with Agua. The rest of us don't need to feel like design show traitors if we happen to watch an episode of HH or some other real estate program.

Thought the spider shot was faked, too.

Posts: 593 | Registered: Feb 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post