Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  Love it or List it "Battling over Bedrooms"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love it or List it "Battling over Bedrooms" Sign In/Join 
posted
These 2 are the worst couple I've ever seen. Neither of them have a realistic sense of anything having to do with home ownership. He wants to stay, she wants to go. She wants load bearing walls ripped out like it's no big deal. He thinks that the house can be made bigger with the amount of money they gave. THESE 2 PEOPLE ARE CLUELESS!!!!! If I were either of the 2 hosts I would have slapped them a long time ago and told them they were on their own.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without names I'm not sure I saw it. I have been busy with the College World Series. Most of the stories follow the same formula. David always finds the perfect house at 48 minutes after the hour- and the husband or wife who speaks at the end is usually the one who wanted the opposite choice. Some of these folks can be nasty and have very unreasonable expectations. (So can some of the posters here.)

Posts: 342 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the show on June 18th; the designer had put a ceiling fan in the bedroom, that really didn't look like a ceiling fan. The blades were down until activated. Could you tell me where I might get such a ceiling fan?

Posts: 1 | Location: I love HGTV | Registered: Jun 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
What kills me on these shows, Property Brothers included, they are working within a reasonable budget and then go to the high end stores to make all of their purchases. I'm not suggesting going to Target for everything as in the High Low fiasco, but - you can get pretty good bath fixtures at Lowes or Home Depot. I know the contractors get about a 50% discount at the high end places but that faucet will still cost twice what it does from Lowes.

Posts: 3412 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally realized last night, the last home David shows (and the one they fall in love with) is always (or almost) brand new. What I'd like is a follow up, did they really list or not. Did they buy that "perfect house". I really don't understand the concept of a house being too small for a couple and baby. Why do I watch? Cause I can't stand any of these people lol. And there's nothing else on.

Posts: 398 | Location: MO | Registered: Nov 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmbrower:
I watched the show on June 18th; the designer had put a ceiling fan in the bedroom, that really didn't look like a ceiling fan. The blades were down until activated. Could you tell me where I might get such a ceiling fan?

Here's a link to Amazon. I'm sure there are other places to find it, but I loved that fan, too. I'm trying to buy a house and thought it would be lovely in my youngest daughter's room. It's a bit "cha-ching" but cute nonetheless.

http://www.amazon.com/Monte-Ca...4-Inch/dp/B00369Z0RU

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched this episode (repeat) I was in shock saying OMG the entire episode. I could not believe the attitude that Connie had. She was rude & disrepectful and ABUSIVE to your hosts. It is unacceptable to treat people like this I cannot believe this was tolorated. This episode should never had aired. She did not deserve all your hard work. I felt so sorry for her poor husband - she mistreated and controled him - she is abusive I truly hope she sees herself and how she comes across. It was NOT becomming of her. Don't want to call anyone names but she takes the cake when it comes to a snobby B@!ch.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
I have often wondered if any of those people actually have the courage to see themselves on TV and what is their reaction.
Are they so ashamed of themselves of are they reallty the people that they portray.

Posts: 4914 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's all fake! The "homeowners" are following the script. Whoever created and writes for this show should be fired. This show is another insult to HGTV viewers, among Dear Genevieve, Dina, Property Brothers, Natural Born Sellers.

Posts: 20 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N2Decorating:
I just watched this episode (repeat) I was in shock saying OMG the entire episode. I could not believe the attitude that Connie had. She was rude & disrepectful and ABUSIVE to your hosts. It is unacceptable to treat people like this I cannot believe this was tolorated. This episode should never had aired. She did not deserve all your hard work. I felt so sorry for her poor husband - she mistreated and controled him - she is abusive I truly hope she sees herself and how she comes across. It was NOT becomming of her. Don't want to call anyone names but she takes the cake when it comes to a snobby B@!ch.

There are so many negative people on this show that it's a wonder Hilary hasn't told them to stuff it. I am sure she feels like it! Some of the wives are so petty and unreasonable and the measley amount they give her to decorate, etc. is a joke! Don't they think an old house will have a lot of plumbing, structure, etc. issues that would no doubt dig deep into the already measly budget? Geesh. Seems like the trend on these real estate shows are whiny, unreasonable and downright rude clients. It is a turn off. I have seen these kind of nasty folks on House Hunters too. Surely to goodness there are people out there with a positive outlook?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Debbyinohio,

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N2Decorating:
...it's a wonder Hilary hasn't told them to stuff it.

Yes, especially when their reno list is a mile long and encompasses about every room in the house but their budget is like $1000. Then, they get aggravated when Hilary has to strike rooms off the list. Ridiculous.

Posts: 8188 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Connie is by far the rudest and obnoxious people that have ever been on this show! She gives Hillary a small budget and expects an addition, a new bathroom, and MORE! She is insane and needs to shut her big mouth. She does not deserve to be on this show, shes way to ungrateful! I feel bad for her husband!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmbrower:

Did you ever receive an answer to this post. I saw the episode this morning and I, too, am very interested in that ceiling fan.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post