Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  I love Fixer Upper,
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love Fixer Upper, Sign In/Join 
posted
It is so nice to watch this couple. They have such beautiful family values and seem to adore each other and their children. Keep the show on!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second that! Chip and Joanna are so real! Chip totally cracks me up and reminds me of my husband who likes to tease and be goofy! Please keep this show on! It's amazing!

Posts: 1 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Jun 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love, love, love Fixer Upper. Jo Jo and Chip seem like real people and have genuine chemistry. She doesn't wear her pearls and heels to work in and he doesn't mind messing up his hair. Bing watching today and telling my friends tomorrow. Keep up the good work. Love that Texas feel

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Teva
posted Hide Post
Fixer Upper is the best show you have had on in a long time. Chip and Joanna are so real. They do a down to earth job of redecorating. She is beautiful and he is funny. Taped last show rewatched it. Unbeliveable. Loved the one where they did the ladies home in Texas who lost her home to gas explosion. They treated her like she was their Mother.

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really not a fan. I've seen 3 shows. All 3 used subway tile with Carrara Marble. ALL 3 used white slip covers on the couches and featured distressed furniture. All 3 heavily emphasized found objects...sometimes inappropriately. My biggest huh?! moment was the faux fireplace with what appeared to be bicycle baskets hanging inside.

They do a lovely job on the structural renno, and the design is often lovely, too, when all is said and done. However, I can't see making a show that is the same each and every time. One trick ponies.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had just noticed and began watching episodes of Fixer Upper, I won't be watching it anymore. The woman on the show, Joanna is snide and smug, not likeable in the least. I had already noticed how condescending she is to her husband, but this morning on episode 6, I couldn't believe what she said, or that it was actually aired. Her husband stated that he had had a bad morning, as HE was getting their 4 children ready for school, and that their dog had gotten out . Her statement was " I've got a solution, we need to stop rescuing animals, and just get to work and school on time. That's the solution, don't go to the pound." . I'm sure and animal would rather stay in the pound than have to rely on this cold hearted, hateful woman for a home. I will not be watching this show again, and will be suggesting to anyone who will listen that they not watch this show either. It's a shame, I am usually an HGTV enthusiast.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the show Fixer Upper! Joanne & Chip are a deliteful couple to watch refurbish these homes for average people like me! If they'd do a house in Houston for my daughter id love love love it! My daughter agrees! I've watched every episode & some twice- haven't seen one yet I haven't liked! Please keep this show rolling!!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't find Joanna snide or condescending in the least! They are a cute, lovely couple who have the best show on HGTV. Cannot stand anything else BUT this show! Her style is gorgeous and the houses they redo for people are the best I've ever seen on HGTV.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Norco, CA | Registered: Mar 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AKsunny99
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love this show and the couple! I have even watched repeats of some of the episodes because I like it so much, which I rarely do on other shows. Happy to see on another thread that the show has been picked up and they will start filming new episodes.

Posts: 3078 | Location: Anchorage, AK USA | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also love Fixer Upper. Chip and Joanna are so real, so funny at times, and so very talented. It's a real pleasure to watch them at work. It has quickly become one of our very favorite shows. I'd think of moving to Waco if I thought we could get them to remodel a house for us! A great team, and I hope they stay on for a long time.

Posts: 6 | Location: Shawnee, OK | Registered: Nov 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Fixer Upper too. It is so much better than many shows that they keep repeating. I told my daughter and friends about the show and everyone is now watching it. I hope HGTV continues renewing this show.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luv fixer upper... when is it returning

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent educational program. no one doing scripted clumsy tripping, etc., or poor attempts at juvenile humor. We need more shows like this--informative and enjoying to watch the mutual respoect and complementary skills by Joanna and Skip.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not found Joanna anything other than sincere (such as eating the cost of one renovation or focusing on a special gift to the couples' children. GENUINE is my word for her and would personally love to work besider her and learn all she knows. Good hearts and great minds and my favorite on HGTV.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm brand new here, and wanted to chime in on Fixer Upper.

I really like the show, Chip and Joanna, and for the most part, her design.

But, I was really disappointed in one house they did - a 1920's home for a woman who was looking for a home for herself and her new husband. Her sister was helping her (I can't remember their names!)

I just about died when they showed the reveal! That gorgeous exterior now looked nothing like what (I thought) she bought the house for. It had the 3 arches...sorry for being so vague.

She stripped that house of just about every detail that made it beautiful - the transom window/door in the kitchen now is just a big opening, the Gingerbread detail on the exterior, etc.

But, generally I really like the show.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the show! Their projects seem achievable. I have a question concerning the decorative items. Do these items stay with the home or do the homeowners replace them with their own?

Posts: 68 | Registered: Apr 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of liveforbuttstuff
posted Hide Post
Two words: DREAM COUPLE

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably one of the least scripted of any of the home rehab/flip/etc shows....but for being "experts" in rehab and construction , they seem to get surprised too often with unexpected issues....which have to be eaten by the home buyers/owners. How can you rehab a 60 yr old house and not expect knob and tube wiring that needs to be replaced? That's an amateur's mistake.

Other issue is the costs that seem way too low for what they get accomplished but then maybe Waco is at a rock bottom wage scale.....rumor has it that the network helps out with costs.

With all that said, it's a fun, entertaining rehab show despite the "un-reality" aspects.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post