Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  DESIGNED TO SELL- THE TRUTH>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DESIGNED TO SELL- THE TRUTH> Sign In/Join 
Picture of CC-IMO
posted
I always loved designed to sell, but this article explains how their show was produced

a tiny dissappointing, but doesn't change my mind about the show at all LOL

http://hookedonhouses.net/2011...ned-to-sell-on-hgtv/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CC-IMO,

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who cares if these shows are fake? I don't. I watch HH just to see different houses/lacations and Design To Sell to get decorating ideas.

Melissa Grant

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
I have never liked this show so I don't care either way.The re-decorating always sucked on that show.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it when I see a picture/vase/furniture and then will try to find something like it at thrift stores.

Melissa Grant

Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
The first interview sounded like the production company just did it to fulfill their commitment and the second sounded more like what you would hope they did.

Fun and Info

Posts: 3565 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
2 different scenarios here, but still luv the redos,and funny Clive,bet he is colorful as Suzzane Wang is off camers lol

I just luv thrift stores ,most of the furnishings here come from those shops, geeshhhhh can't afford expensive new stuff new,not me

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CC-IMO,

Posts: 655 | Location: USA | Registered: Jul 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought our house 7 yrs ago and all the furniture was brand new but all the accessories were from thrift stores/yard sales.

NO! I am not a hoarder. lol

posted Hide Post
I loved Design to Sell when Clive and Lisa LaPorta were the main characters. Now, I don't like it at all. I think they shot themselves in the foot when they got rid of Clive. Now all we see is David Bromstad and he needs to get over himself!

Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Design to Sell was one of the more creative shows on HGTV. I think it's a bigger challenge to repurpose, remodel and redefine rather than just placing some high end furniture in the room with new paint on the walls. They also showed some of the real problems they encountered with real solutions on a limited budget, and they helped real people in the process.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons Designed to Sell probably got taken off was that the hosts were not attractive. You only see pretty people on HGTV nowadays.I miss Carol Duvall,Shari and Matt and Joan Steffand.The ones that HGTV thinks are cute are never very talented.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really miss this show! Lisa and Clive, you gave me many years of ideas and happiness! Thankyou!

Posts: 3 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: Jan 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Hey, at least you didn't here stupid remarks from the homeowners, that in itself is an improvement.

Posts: 5010 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CC-IMO
posted Hide Post
see Tanya in res. impossible she is fantastic,
her show was one of my favorites