Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Favorite Shows
  House Hunters Myrtle Beach
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House Hunters Myrtle Beach Sign In/Join 
Picture of Charming
posted
It was a fun episode and I am glad they showed a few of the sights around Myrtle Beach. I was also a doubter about the Legends in Concert shows. I thought they would be really cheesy and poorly done, but we were given tickets a few years ago and finally attended one and it was really good. The performers were not sad and pathetic like I thought they would be. Wink

The main reason for my post - What is with the producers of this show? This was filmed last year before Christmas. Two of the comps they showed were not even on the market. I know the area where they were filming and trust me, there were enough properties available to fit their needs (in fact the exact floor plans of the 2 alternatives were on the market for less than they claimed they were listed at.)

I think by working with some of the other agents in the community (their agent was actually from a different community in our MLS) they could have found a couple who would have been happy to have their listings shown. Much more so than to have the couple trash people's homes on national television.

I can accept that it is all decided before filming begins, but they are getting extremely sloppy in their alternative house choices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charming,

Fun and Info

Posts: 3510 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
Really Charming, and when were they any better? LOL

Posts: 4996 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
In the early days of the show, I don't recall them being so blatantly obvious about which house they were going to choose.

Now it seems to be call around and find a couple of houses in the area.

The absolute worst are some of the European HHI programs. They don't even pretend the houses are available. They showed one apartment, in Paris I think, that had an unmade bed, dirty dishes and personal stuff all over.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charming,

Fun and Info

Posts: 3510 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post