Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  It's July Clutter Cleaners!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's July Clutter Cleaners! Sign In/Join 
posted
I love to craft
It is so much fun
If my room were uncluttered
I'd get so much more done
So I pledge today
To do my fifteen
So that soon I might say
MY CRAFTROOM IS CLEAN!
(by camarogranny)

I can't believe the 4th of July has come and gone already! I hope everyone is making some progress on taming the clutter.

I stopped working on the craft stuff to do some more ordinary clearing out. I cleaned out the frig and the freezers, so I could take stock of what I have before grocery shopping. In a few minutes my dd will help me reorganize the pantry She decided against taking any classes or attending any camps this summer, but she is working 2 days a week with her dojo's summer camp. It is volunteer work, but she is learning about handling groups of younger kids and it might lead to a paying position at some point.

So let's hear what you all have been up to.

Posts: 2358 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been cleaning out closets all weekend. Took 3 boxes to the thrift store this morning. Now have to start with the kitchen cupboards. It is never ending. lol

Posts: 277 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Finished going thru boxes of old paper junk, have 4 large bags that need to be shredded. What a relief to be done with that chore. Now I can get back to working on my UFO'S.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wiley,

Posts: 4428 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have ben busy g to arrange my yarn in a new shelving unit that has little cubicles in it and sorting it by color to make it easier to find. I am slowly using up yarn crocheting items for 2 craft shows one this month and one next month so that is decluttering some. My oldest dd is decluttering some of her yarn making items to send to me to sell too. I have not crocheted much the last 2 days with my working overnights I am just too tired to work on it in the mornings so I have been going to bed.

HAGN all

Posts: 567 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
I de-cluttered the front porch. It's built in and was slowly turning into a storage area. I used DH's new shop vac and swept down a lot of cob webs. wasp nests and spider eggs.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent my 15 today cleaning the closet that is my laundry room. I cleaned the dryer vent and swept, straighten up all the bottles of stuff and sorted all the odds and ends my family left laying on top of the dryer.

I did plan to spend more time down in the basement tomorrow, but instead I am going to get my dd's best friend from her summer school class and bring her here for the afternoon. Her mom had surgery yesterday and the kid had no way to get home from her class. I am sure that they will want me to take them somewhere

Posts: 2358 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kobus
posted Hide Post
I rescued a chest of drawers that I was about to trash. Instead I gave it a makeover and found a place for it where it takes no extra room (placed underneath a dresser)! Now it holds my stock of hats and ear warmers that is waiting for the autumn/winter sale season. Before it was all in plastic bags all over my flat.

Tomorrow: clear out a small cabinet that really has to go. It will be replaced by a rack that is now just standing in the way in the middle of my room.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kobus,

Read about my eclectic ways of recycling:
http://trashcollector.blogspot.com

Posts: 652 | Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kobus, I love that chest!

I started what I thought would be a 15 minute decluttering which led to an all day project. I thought I would straighten up the bookcase at the top of my basement stairs. I ended up clearing it and all the shelves on the steps and sorting thru it. Have some to give away, some has been tossed and the rest has to be put back, but I needed a break.

posted Hide Post
I am busy crocheting still for 2 craft shows a week apart. DD sent me some items to sell for her. I am atleast decluttering yarn lol. I am hoping to come home with a lot less items then I have right now. Hubby did some major housecleaning the last week including cleaning some carpets. He knows I am trying to get enough stuff for the craft shows. What doesn't sell for me will get relisted to my sites that I sell on.

https://www.thecraftstar.com/s...567/hoffers-hobbies/
http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX
HAGD all.

Posts: 567 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up painting the wall and the shelves before putting everything back. After removing what didn't belong there and tossing some stuff, I ended up with a whole shelf empty. That let me move some stuff from the kitchen to there, so maybe my counters won't be as cluttered.

Steph, sounds like you will have quite a full table for the craft show with as much crocheting as you are doing.

posted Hide Post
mira'smom I do have a full table of stuff I am going to hang some items on pegboard I have the pegs already and I have a piece to hang earrings on and necklaces so that will help I hope. I did one of the craft shows before the other one is new so I hope I can sell stuff so I can start on new for next year.

HAGD all

Picture of Kobus
posted Hide Post
Thank you maira'smom! Yesterday the ugly stereo cabinet went to bulk trash. Hate to do that but it would not have sold at the thrift store even though in fine condition. Just not what people look for now. But I knew it would get picked up from the street. This morning it was gone.

Files that were in it found place elsewhere. Old cassette tapes in a box, to be looked at later, will go in the end I'm afraid.

Instead on the rack that replaced it place for all my plants on top, below colorful tins and old cookie jars that hold craft materials, before cluttering shelves where they didn't belong.

Still a lot to do but this is a start!

Read about my eclectic ways of recycling:
http://trashcollector.blogspot.com

Posts: 652 | Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post