Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Help with advertising ideas, please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with advertising ideas, please Sign In/Join 
Picture of MyDesign
posted
Hi everyone.
I need help to find some inexpensive ways to advertise my painting class.
The idea is to have 3-5 people who wants to learn redoing wooden items giving them old antique look, in my home. Just trying to make some extra money at this time.
Any ideas?

Posts: 958 | Registered: Sep 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
community bulletin boards at churches, local community centers, colleges, and libraries, are good places to post info.

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3184 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MyDesign
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your response. Our library won't place an ad until it is a free class. I am in rural area, the closest college miles away.
I did place an ad at the public boards, few of them, at the stores and our post office, with no responds so far.
I was wondering of someone knows any ways to do it on line, I am computer challenged. Sorry for not being specific in the beginning.
Meet up groups are free to my knowledge.

Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Yes, MOST Meetup groups are free, it is up to the person who creates the Meetup Group whether they want to charge a fee or not. I've belonged to a handful of them over the years and have really enjoyed them.
The following link is to a gal in my area on Meetups who offers craft classes of all kinds, provides all materials, and charges a fee to participants. She even teaches the classes in her home. Looking over her past classes and what and how she charges might help give you some ideas.

http://www.meetup.com/The-Art-of-Crafts/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainee,

Posts: 3184 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MyDesign
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate your support, Rainee)) I will chek it out! Thank you!))

Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
I've met some of the nicest people through Meetups. I hope you can find the right advertising niche that you need to get your class going. :-)

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Before you advertise, check out this link.

http://www.sba.gov/community/d...-art-classes-my-home

Posts: 18381 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post