Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Child's Busy Box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Child's Busy Box Sign In/Join 
posted
Granddaughter would like me to make a few Busy Boxes for 3 year old. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Posts: 62 | Location: Williamstown, NJ - USA | Registered: Mar 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Large beads and yarn for stringing.
Stacking stuff - nested boxes, dolls, etc..
No playdough or messy stuff.
New color book with new crayons. Kids can't get too many things to color on and with.
Sticker book - age appropriate.

Search pinterest. Look for non-messy, inexpensive things.
Have fun.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Pat... good suggestions - I'll certainly incorporate your ideas.

Posts: 62 | Location: Williamstown, NJ - USA | Registered: Mar 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandchildren loved the large beads and stringing them as Pat suggested.

Posts: 227 | Registered: Sep 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lg56 - any suggestions are tremendously helpful.

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
One thing I saw was strips of fabric, ribbon, trims stuffed in one of those diaper wipe containers. The toddler can pull them out then stuff them in. They can be knotted together...a few knotted together...none knotted together. Lengths could be 8 or so inches give or take.

Posts: 17255 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well how clever is this suggestion - thank you Sherry for taking the time to help me with this project it's greatly appreciated.

posted Hide Post
I have actually never thought of a busy box. Where have I been?! I think I'm gonna get right on this for when I babysit my nieces and nephews at mine. It would be nice to have something for them and each can have their own box. Thanks for the idea!

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post