Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Brother LX-570 any ideas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brother LX-570 any ideas? Sign In/Join 
posted
I just trash-picked (FREE) a brand new Brother LX-470 laminator with a bunch of sticky back cartridges. Anyone out there have any good ideas for using it? No luck on Google or Bing. Maybe I'm not asking the right questions to get some ideas.
Any thoughts? TIA

Posts: 1927 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I volunteer at a Horse Therapy program for disabled children and adults. We laminate instructions for the riders to hold, same for signs around the arena.

I would probably laminate some of my favorite patterns I use more frequently.

Have fun... I love Dumpster Diving too!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 417 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Brothers hummmm. Read the next post about a brother. You girls working together? lol

If you asked on google or bing about what to use a laminator on or how to use, you sure weren't asking the right questions.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9962 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll have to search harder. They are all small cartridges that either have permanent adhesive or moveable adhesive. Looks like some kind of sticker machine, not a regular laminator.

Posts: 1927 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
It might be a label maker. Put 'Brother LX-470 label maker' in google and see what you get. If you could take a picture and show us what it looks like, we might be able to help you find out what it is.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Ptouch/

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9962 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Scratch my above post. You're right. It's a laminator. Found this and the numbers are right.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-...rds=brother+stickers

Look like the machine you found.

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
On the Holiday Board - I am pretty sure that 7575EH used a laminator to adhere graphics for her magnets, coasters, and in the past, tic-tac-toe games and domino creations.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7386 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post