Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Clutter Cleaners - the start of a New Year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clutter Cleaners - the start of a New Year Sign In/Join 
posted
posted Dec 06, 2013 04:35 PM

I love to craft
It is so much fun
If my room were uncluttered
I'd get so much more done
So I pledge today
To do my fifteen
So that soon I might say
MY CRAFTROOM IS CLEAN!
(by camarogranny)

I wonder how many people made the resolution to reduce the clutter in their homes for the New Year. If you did, come and join us here.

Wiley, I do that all the time - start a new project when I have ones that need to be finished. I look at it this way, if I take a break from some of the ones I have started, I have more enthusiasm when I return to them.

5 bells, isn't it nice to find you have something already for a present?

I have been decluttering a little. I received a new computer for Christmas from dh. Just in time too as the other one was dying one piece at a time. Learning Windows 8 has been a challenge and I am far from comfortable with it but I am getting there. I did clean off my computer desk and the bookcase beside it.

Come on and post Clutter Cleaners.

Posts: 2362 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
A new year but the clutter is old.Big Grin:
Have some gift cards to use, hopefully what I buy won't add to the clutter.

Posts: 4434 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am slowly selling items I am not using on ebay so I am getting rid of some items to people who will use them. I am happy to see the items going out the door. I am going to post more items on ebay and see what I can sell that I have crocheted and made.

I am working on another baby afghan and have used 1 skein and have started with the 2nd skein so that is helping with the clutter a little bit will list that on ebay too and see if it sells.

Posts: 570 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cleaning out closets, and have lots of things ready for the thrift store.

Posts: 287 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steph - selling the stuff of Ebay is a great idea. I should look into doing that.

Willey, I have 2 Hobby Lobby cards but I am trying to stay out of there until I absolutely need something to finish a project.

Don't have much to leave the house, but I did get all my cardstock out and sorted it by theme and line. Got most of it put back. Now I will be able to find what I am looking for a lot quicker without pulling out tons of stuff. Next will be the embellishments and then it will be on to my beading supplies. I am sure as I move on to the other stuff, I will find things that I will never use to get rid of.

Posts: 2362 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!

I think the only decluttering I've done lately is using up fabric!
Just the other day I counted and I have made 12 baby/**odler size quilts since July!

Right now my house needs a deep down, clean the momma dirt cleaning!
But I've got 2 more baby quilts ** make this month!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9528 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 3037 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it has been quiet here - where is everyone?

I have been sick. Just had a cold but I have a cough that will not go away. It wakes me and keeps me from getting back to sleep. Very little decluttering going with that.

We are to have 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow, so that might make it a good day to stay in and work on decluttering.

posted Hide Post
I am still crocheting up a storm. I am not getting much decluttering done because of crocheting so much and work. I added to my yarn supply when hubby and I went to Sioux Falls last week. (So much for decluttering LOL) I am going to make some afghans for when I go out to Seattle in June to donate to some homeless people who live in a tent city. Then is when I will get some major decluttering done.

Have a good day all.

Posts: 570 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took some things to the church thrift store. I found there 4 beautiful Christmas lap quilts. I started my Christmas shopping for next year.

Posts: 287 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My crafts are a mess and I really need to de-clutter too. I recently bought one of those rolling drawer organizers and that has eliminated quite a few bags of crafts. Yes all of my crafts were in bags that were in bigger bags, so every time I wanted to work on something I had to go through a ton of bags. So the organizer has helped, but I need more of them. Do any of you have good tips about organizing or pictures of the way you have organized your crafts? I live in a small apartment with my mom, but I have a lot of supplies to organize. Iq would appreciate any advice! Thanks,

Nicole

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicole, welcome to our group. I too have had bags of stuff in my craft room. Actually I have a few bags on the guest room bed I should deal with. I use iris scrapbooking cases to hold supplies - not just scrapbooking ones. I also use book cases to hold larger items and the iris cases. Right now I am trying to use what I have on hand and not buy more, but it is hard when I see new ideas.

posted Hide Post
I am still doing a lot of crocheting LOL I did some towel toppers that I listed to my craftstar shop. I have gotten a lot of views but no sales. I have sold a few more items on ebay which has helped a little bit. my youngest dd has a entertainment center that is in 3 pieces that she wants me to take I am going to take 2 of the pieces of the entertainment center and put them in my craft room to store my yarn and other crafting supplies in. I hope that will help out making my craftroom look better.

Have a good day all.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I belong to a quilt group that does a lot of donation stuff. I just sent seven bags of quilts, blankets, pillowcases, pillows etc. that we have finished. I'm the pick up place so that really decluttered my "cave" when it was picked up Friday. Now I can do a bit of cleaning up and organizing to get ready to work on more stuff. It's a never ending process.

Posts: 4434 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have managed to complete a few projects using mostly stuff I had on hand. My sister gave me the idea to use some of the excess paper I have to make mini albums for our other sister's church and her DH's work to sell at their fall bazaars. Her DH manages a shelter for at risk teens. While straightening up, I found I had 3 different pads of Halloween papers, so I am making a couple of Halloween albums first.

posted Hide Post
I am working on a afghan still have quite a bit left to go on it. I am also working on a doily that I hope to have done today. I will list it to my craftstar shop or my etsy shop not sure which yet. I am picking up hubby from airport tonight he lands at 12:38am my time so I should be able to get some crocheting done while waiting for him. I added to my yarn last week and I added some other craft items to my supply when I took him to the airport last Friday. I hope to get quite a bit of it used up in the next few months. I will not be able to craft as much when I go back to work Friday night but I enjoyed every minute that I had off. I am looking forward to going back to work. LOL

posted Hide Post
I did get a little of the paper used up making a couple of mini albums. I also have made 4 bracelets from beads in my stash and done a couple more decorative boxes. I am trying really hard to stay out of the stores so I don't add to my stash, but I keep finding that I need things for what I am working on and then get tempted when I get in the store.

posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to go to the store for awhile, but it seems with all this cold weather and getting the snow off and on, I haven't gotten there which has a good side and a bad side. The good side is that I am finishing projects with the supplies I have here which Is making me happy although I am not sure how much supplies I am using up, but accomplishing stuff is making me feel like I am getting somewhere and i am excited about working on projects that have been on my list for awhile. The bad part is I get a little bit frustrated when I am in the middle of something and I realized I had bought the wrong size wooden ball, so like you Mira's mom, I need to go to the craft store or put the project aside for awhile. And the other bad thing is that the list of new projects that I really really want to make and the supplies that I need for those projects just keeps growing longer and longer. When I finally go to the craft store, it is going to take forever to find everything which is the one part of crafting I am beginning to dislike. It seems like it takes forever to find everything for projects in a store and most of the time one store does not have everything you need so after spending hours in one store, you have to go do the same at another store and then you don't find everything again. I love shopping so I think it is just the time and the frustration of not finding everything (alot of supplies you would think the stores would carry.) On another note I love my new drawer organizer on wheels so if I want to craft in the middle of the night, it is right next to my bed. It is much better than tge bags although i still have more bags to deal ith. so Now I need to find another one. I do have one of the scrapbook cases which is great for organizing paper. I want to get another one for seashells because mine are in a cardboard box.

Nicole

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the doily done and listed it to my craftstar shop. I am on row 59 of my afghan so I am making slow progress with that. I have not added anymore to my craft supplies thank goodness and I got some stuff packaged up for grandson of stuff he had in my craft room so I am actually getting room back in my craft room. I need hubby to get his stuff out of there and then I will have even more room.

Here is my craftstar shop if any of you want to go look at what I have made

www.hoffershobbies.thecraftstar.com
oops that is wrong
nope that is right thanks

have a good day all.

posted Hide Post
Well, my sister came for the weekend on Thursday night, but got called and had to leave today to go to work. We started a project that we had sitting in my dining room and got about 1/3 of the way done. I have also worked on some other projects but not finished yet.

I did get rid of my couch today. I had Salvation Army come to pick it up and they refused it - wasn't in good enough shape. The Lutheran Mission was thrilled to get it today. Once we move the love seat to the living room form the guest/craft room, I should be able to make more progress decluttering.

Steph, I like the color of your doily - hope it sells quickly.

posted Hide Post
I am still crocheting on my afghan and making slow progress on it and hope to get a lot of it done the next 3 days since I have them off. I did some decluttering in my craft room by getting some items of garbage out and that helped alittle bit I still need to get hubby to go up to dd's house and get that entertainment center so I can use that and get some more stuff put away. I have been procrastinating about getting it cleaned in my craft room for awhile but it is now time to get it done.

posted Hide Post
I finally got into my craft room and got some cleaning done. Hubby had some stuff in there that I wanted moved out and he got that done and I went thru grandsons stuff in there and condensed down 2 boxes and got them out of there and now I have a little more room to move. I am hoping to get in there again next week and get more done since today is my last day off for a few days and I want to get some crocheting done. LOL

Have a good day all.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone! Smile

I haven't been having a very good winter. Between health problems and the cold, snowy weather it's left me a bit depressed.

I've managed to re-do/declutter the filing cabinets. It was a major project that I've been putting off for years, but is all done. (Doing a happy dance)

Since I've had a lot of sitting time I worked two needle point projects and now I'm working on a 'granny square' vest to use up some of the odds and ends of yarn that has been laying around, and I started my Spring (in-depth) cleaning. It's slow going but I'm about half way through the laundry/freezer room.

22 days till spring............

Posts: 1306 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granny, it has been a tough winter, hasn't it. I thought we were finally done with the really cold weather but woke up to a temp of 12 this morning. I hope that you are doing better soon.

I made a trip to IKEA and bought a great little drawer unit to hold my scrapbook papers. It is so hard to find ones that will hold 12x12 papers! They are discontinuing the black finish, so I got it for $20 less than the white finish.

I am going to put it together this morning and then start filling it. I am hoping that it will free up the other cabinet I was using so I can use it for the supplies I have in the floor. The one I was using was a pain for paper but would be great for larger things.

Still working on the projects that have been in my stash. Making slow progress, but I am hoping that I will have 2 more finished by the end of the weekend.

posted Hide Post
I am still crocheting up a storm to get this afghan done. I am about 1/2 way done. I have not gotten back into my craft room except to get more yarn for the afghan I am working on. I still haven't got the entertainment center from my dd so I am at a standstill on getting any cleaning done in there. I am hoping to get it this weekend if the weather cooperates with us. Then I can get in there when I have a few days off in a row again. The next 2 weeks are going to be rough for work since people are on vacation and I am putting in some extra hours. I am thinking I am going to take some plastic canvas projects with me to work on while on my breaks and see how much I can get done on those so I don't have so many works in progress going.

Have a good day all.

posted Hide Post
We got more snow last night and today. I have been keeping busy cleaning the floors by the doors. Seems everything gets tracked in.

I spent the weekend working on the mess in the guest room from moving furniture and putting the new cabinet in. I have come up with 2 boxes and bag of stuff to donate, 1 box of stuff for recycling and a bag of trash. I have to get the room in decent enough shape for my sister to use it next Saturday night, so I think this will be what I work on tomorrow to.

I do have to say, I am enjoying coming up with new uses for some of the stuff I bought for projects that I never got around to.

posted Hide Post
I am still crocheting up a storm and also have a plastic canvas heart that is 1/4 of the way done. I have some small hearts done and I am going to sell them as a set. I am off for the weekend so I am hoping to get lots of crafting done. Next week I work Monday Tuesday and Wednesday and then have 3 days off and work Sunday and Monday again. So I can get some much needed crafting done and some housework done too. I hope everyone is getting some crafting time in.
HAGD all

posted Hide Post
Well it has been a bit since any of us has posted. I hope that means everyone has been busy decluttering.

I took my dd to get her hair cut and highlighted ( a gift for having such a good semester). It turned out really nice - natural looking. After that she helped me rearrange the furniture in the living room and I found some more stuff to donate. I also had dh hang a new rod and put new panels on the windows. I already boxed the old ones to go to the thrift store.

I am continuing to craft from my stash and have made a few more mini albums. Going to work on a few unfinished plastic canvas pieces that I found while moving stuff once I get off here.

Hope you are all well. SPring is almost here! Keep decluttering and POST.

posted Hide Post
I am still crocheting up a storm on my afghan. I hope to have it done this week sometime. I haven't been doing much decluttering except to use up yarn crocheting. I am hoping to get some items listed today to my etsy shop and maybe my craftstar shop. We will see if that happens or not. LOL

Happy decluttering all. HAGD