Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Decorating Wine Bottles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decorating Wine Bottles Sign In/Join 
Picture of rosenana
posted
Has anybody decorated wine bottles? Would love to see what you have done.

Posts: 1384 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: Oct 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Here is one I painted, with a wood glass holder.

Pattyo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NC HillBilly,

Posts: 1428 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Some painted ones for Christmas or winter.
Pattyo

Posts: 1428 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
One with a graphic glued one the front, and glass grapes and a ribbon added. This one has lights in it.

Pattyo

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I really like them. Good job. Did you drill a hole in the one with lights?

Jen

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10024 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
I like to make them into oil lamps.

Wine Light Oil Lamp - Priscilla Hauser

Wine Light Oil Lamp

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3203 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Granny3641, Yes, I drilled a hole close to the bottom. I used a diamond tip drill bit that I ordered from Harbor Freight Tools.

Rainee, I love your bottles, especially the humming bird.

Pattyo

Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
What a great job you all did!!! Love them all.

Posts: 1384 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: Oct 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjvagar
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh this is so funny! I was digging through some of my stuff and found a package of brand new diamond tip drill bits. I could not for the life of me remember what I had bought them for lol. (It's been a couple of years since I bought them). Then I saw this and remembered! Thanks!

Posts: 4289 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Dec 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not sure i remember how to post a pic!

Posts: 2867 | Location: Long Island | Registered: Sep 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or this.

Posts: 2867 | Location: Long Island | Registered: Sep 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DABonner
posted Hide Post
Why is it I don't see the photos when it has the red circle with a line through it? Does anyone know what I need to do?

Posts: 54 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DABonner
posted Hide Post
Well every time I ask that question and go back to the board, the pictures are there... I don't understand this board sometimes. Those are beautiful.

Posts: 54 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The red circle with the line means that you're not signed in.

Posts: 234 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa. | Registered: Jan 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decorating wine bottle is itself a very nice idea, Years before I had painted wine bottle with the grapes design on it now I do not have pic to show it.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Jun 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
I went to a harvest festival at our local winery a couple weeks ago, a lady had wine bottles painted beautifully, with string lights and potpourri in them. She said the lights made the potpourri give off it's fragrance, with the cork out of course. I might try some of those. Some one asked if the lights might start a fire, but I believe the newer lights stay cool enough.

Pattyo

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Bump...

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7509 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the first one with the wood glass holder. It is quite lovely. Great job Pattyo!

Posts: 13 | Registered: Nov 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post