Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Do you realize...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you realize... Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
out of the last 50 posts, only 10 were from regular members of this board? The other 40 were by the 3 ladies whom I feel, are frauding our boards. And advertising their sites.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
ttt

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
I don't even click on any of the post from two of the posters, and all of you know who I mean. Maybe if no one clicked on those post, they will give up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NC HillBilly,

Posts: 1402 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
The only reason I click on them is to report them. And no one is listening at the 'powers that be's ' home.

Jean

posted Hide Post
Jean,
How do I report to the "powers" I haven't been ale to find a way. These women really get to me. There are now 4 of them. Thanks
Nancy

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Hi Nancy. Welcome to the boards. 4? I only realize 3, but then I am curious about one other.

Anyway...there is a triangle only the right hand corner of their post. Hoover your pointer over it and you will see what I mean. It says "report this post'. Click on it and type whatever you want in the message box. (I usually put advertising and selling, as those are the 2 things were aren't allowed to do)

Hope this helps

Jean

p.s. What kind of crafts do you do? I do mostly paper crafts and lots of other things too. lol

Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the boards Nancy! We'd love to hear what kind of crafts you enjoy, as Jean said.
In the past, the crafts forums have been shared by a lot of wonderful, warm, sharing people. Ideas, patterns & tutorials among other things had been shared freely. Some of these people thru the years decided to start selling their crafts online. We were informed we could not share our website info as the forums were not intended for advertising. As for myself, when I found out one of "our own" was selling their creations or patterns & I was interested in them, I would just personal message them or google for their information. We have lost a lot of those wonderful people thru the years for various reasons & for myself, I sure do miss them. I come back & read posts here once in awhile, but it just isn't the same.

And now we have this handful (so far) of people advertising freely on here. I just don't get it & have also "reported" their posts. What has changed that nothing is done about it? It sure makes a person hesitate to share photos or too much info of any craft they make for fear of their photo or idea being hijacked by one of these.

As for myself, I love paper crafting, decorative painting & some jewelry making. Please stick around, Nancy & try not to get too discouraged. Jean is one of my favorites on these forums. A super nice lady!

Cookie

Posts: 1156 | Location: North Central AZ | Registered: Dec 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Hi Jean, Cookie, and a big welcome to Nancy!

I'm tired of those posts also and notice there is even more this morning. I think you are right Cookie in saying that it makes you hesitant to want to share in fear of being ripped off. I guess all we can do for the time being is ignore them and not give them the time of day.

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3186 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
You're right rainee. I will bite my tongue and not say anything else. If we all do this they may get tired of posting for nothing. Like they never post patterns to their 'borrowed' projects. And they continue to advertise their site and I just saw one post where they are actually selling the hair item.!!!!

Thank you Cookie for your kind words. I really do love this board and miss a lot of the ladies whom have left. You all inspire me.!!!! And keep me going.

Jean

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome. I usually just lurk and enjoy the talent of everyone. These salespeople are really irking me.
Happier note - I am a quilter and a stitcher.. I have in thepast done all kind of different crafts. Not a lot of talent but do enjoy them
Nancy

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post