Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Anyone remember how to paint/draw on glass with india ink?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone remember how to paint/draw on glass with india ink? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Trekkie
posted
I am looking for help finding information about drawing on glass (plain glass that is in picture frames) with india ink. My sister did this craft in the late 70's and early 80's. I would really like to make something with this craft; however, I have been unable to find any information on how to prepare the glass. All I remember is the beautiful artwork she created with this technique and that it took time to dry so it didn't smudge.

Any information on this craft would be greatly appreciated.

Beam me up, Scotty!

Posts: 571 | Location: Duncan, OK | Registered: Nov 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
This page may be of help. Read the painting on glass paragraph in the left hand column.

http://books.google.com/books?...k%20painting&f=false

Posts: 18382 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trekkie
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will look at this now.

Beam me up, Scotty!

Posts: 571 | Location: Duncan, OK | Registered: Nov 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post