Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  CLUTTER CLEANERS It's May
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CLUTTER CLEANERS It's May Sign In/Join 
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted
I love to craft
It is so much fun
If my room were uncluttered
I'd get so much more done
So I pledge today
To do my fifteen
So that soon I might say
MY CRAFTROOM IS CLEAN!
(by camarogranny)

We all know that the longest journey begins with one small step. So, getting rid of clutter begins with one small box. Just 15 minutes a day, and you will be surprised how much you can get done.
And don't forget to post, post, post.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
The clutter I'm cleaning up are some half-finished projects that have cluttered up my sewing "cave". I need to stop jumping from one thing to another so I can finish something.

Posts: 4364 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to pass on a few more old Disney princess things of my dd's this past week. Otherwise my decluttering has been limited to using a few items from my stash helping my sister with a project and doing a little beading.

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Finished 5 Heart pillows for a friend who is a cancer survivor. She takes them to a support group she belongs to and gives them to whoever wants one.
Unloaded dishwasher, swept kitchen floor and that's it for now. Have my quilt group get together today, we make quilts, blankets, pillows for a domestic violence Safe House.

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Am trying to declutter craft stash. Sister brought me several boxes to fill for yard sale and I've gotten about 5 items priced and in one box. Some paper and glue to go to the library in another. I'm having a really hard time letting go. And I know it has to be done. (Or when I 'go' the family will come in and put it all in the dumpster.!!!)

I can't believe I have so much stuff., but I will get it done.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9960 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
I can hardly believe that it's the 10th of the month already!

MIRA"SMOM : I think your bead work is great. Keep up the good
work. Every little bit helps de-clutter that stash.

WILEY : 5 pillows! Did you do them all in a week? It would
take me a week to get one cut out. Smile

GRANNY3641 : I understand how hard it is 'to let go'. That was
my major problem when I joined Clutter-Cleaners, but I
have found that the more you ship out the door, the
easier it gets.

I'm almost done in the cellar. The last corner is now empty. I've decided to sell the three aquariums that I've had in storing in the cellar. And the flower pot are moving outside.
DH tore my old work bench apart and scraped it. I still have a couple boxes to sort through then on to another area. Smile

I wish you all a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!"

Posts: 1300 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Granny Quilts, yes I did them in a week. They are very simple to do and aren't that big. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day. I spent most of the weekend trying to cheer up my dd. She went back to the dr after 4 weeks in her cast and the dr put a new one on her and told her another 4 week. She was really bummed.

Well I managed to get back to work on the supplies in the basement. I painted the first color on about a half dozen wooden trays that have been in my stash for years. I plan to put a second color on each and give them as gifts to my nieces and their mothers. The girls are done in the colors of their bedrooms and the mothers are getting metallic gold and either metallic green or purple on their trays. Hopefully, I will get them all done so I can take them when we meet up in June and they can take them home. That way I won't have to mail them...

Posts: 2315 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer! Does she do crafts to keep her busy?

posted Hide Post
Wiley, she used to be she hasn't shown much interest in the past year or so. She has been reading and surfing the net on weekends. Most weekdays, she has enough homework to keep her busy in the evenings - lots of year end projects to complete.

posted Hide Post
Sorry for some reason I had a duplicate posting...

posted Hide Post
It's been almost a week since my last post, I hope that everyone has just been busy and hasn't had time to get here. I haven't done as much decluttering as I would have liked but I am making some progress.

This weekend, my sister came over with a the stuff she had to make paperbag albums for our family trip. I used some of my stash to fill in cardstock colors she needed. She left last night with 6 albums ready to bind and I finished putting the 7th together this morning, so she can take it with her on Memorial Day. Along with all her leftover papers. It will be good to get the stuff off my dining room table.

So how are the rest of you doing?

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Finished handstitching binding on a quilt that's been waiting to be completed for several years. Went thru a bunch of paperwork, and even shredded what was not good just to throw in trash.
Cut out some pillowcases for my donation quilt group to sew next week.
Caught up on laundry, dishes etc., for today.
Now it's sew time for me. Have a great day.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
It's been a busy week around here....I haven't gotten much done.

DD is going to take the flower pot so they will soon be out of here. And I have 2 small boxes of stuff ready to take to GW.

I've started de-cluttering my flower beds. OH! What a weedy mess.......

Picture of faces
posted Hide Post
thats it, thought this was a craft site, but all i read is decluttering,

Posts: 175 | Location: timmonsville ,south carolina | Registered: Sep 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Faces, sorry if the clutter cleaning posts offend you but you don't have to read them. Most of the posts on the craft boards are crafts.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
all I see is a piece of a picture. Where is the message?

posted Hide Post
quote:
thats it, thought this was a craft site, but all i read is decluttering,

it was way off on the right beside the top of the picture.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
FACES: Sorry if we are not what you were looking for. We are crafters and someone smarter then I am came up with a way to help keep our craft rooms organized. Sorry to say that my crafts are usually scattered all over the house.Smile

We post what we've done and encourage each other to keep at it.

You are certainly welcome to join us.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for telling me. I wouldn't have seen it.
What does "that's it" mean?
You're welcome to join us Faces.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wiley,

posted Hide Post
I finally managed to declutter my dining room table of all the stuff for the paper bag albums my sister wanted to do for the kids for our family trip to Branson. Feels good to have that done. I also decluttered my craft room of my laminator as I killed it laminating tags to hang on each album so the kids can tell them apart. Not sure if I will replace it or buy a 2 sided laminate cartridge for my xyron.

So how is everyone else doing?

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
Do you only get company when the table is cluttered? Or is that just at my house?

I think I'm stuck in a rut. I don't seem to be getting anything done. I had to put bricks around the plants in one of my flower beds. Old 'Fat Cat' decided it was the best place for her to dig holes.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Yep, everyone shows up when you dump stuff on the dining room table. After I bring clothes in from the dryer( it's in the garage)I toss them on the table to fold. But I sometimes get distracted and it stays their longer than it should.That's when the doorbell start's ringing.

posted Hide Post
Absolutely it happens to me. I have no doubt that if I kept my table completely clear, no one would ever come over.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Think I'll try to keep my table cleared cuz I can get a lot of sewing done. Now that our "horrible heat" is here for the next few months I need to hibernate.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
I managed to get the front porch re-orgnized this week and seeds set in a flower bed.

DS#1 painted his 'back up' race car this week and I put the numbers and lettering on it yesterday.

My quilt is almost done. I started putting the binding on it last night.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
I've been working in the Den.
Why do we keep so much stuff that has no purpose?

I found a new home for my over abundance of house plants. The house looks more open and brighter now.

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
When you get done Granny...want to come help me out. Living room has been 'torn up' since Apr. 11 with a leak in the ceiling.!!! And I live on the ground floor in an apartment building. lol They are so slow here. They finally came to fix it this past Sun and now have to wait for the 'mud' to dry so they can paint it. It's the 3rd time they 'fixed' it. And I'm just a little leary about putting things back where they go. The leak was right over my tv, missing it by about 2 inches!!!

So I'm having a hard time clearing things up here. And making favors for baby shower (this Sat.) and mini candy bars and guest boook for sister's 50th (next Sat.). Worked all day yesterday melting chocolates for molded candies for shower. Will post picture of favors when I get them put together.

BTW...if you do melted chocolates, you have to try the peanut butter melts that they sell. They are sooooo good. Taste just like peanut butter fudge. They are by Make'n Mold.

Well back to the guest book.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 9960 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I forgot to say Congrats to all you ladies who have gotten your clearing and cleaning done. Good job.

Jean

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Had ceiling fan installed yesterday in my sewing room and a spare room that I use to do handstitching if I watch TV. What a difference! I can spend more time sewing cuz the fan really makes a difference and it doesn't make any noise.

posted Hide Post
I haven't accomplished much this week. I have been running with appointments for dd now that her cast is off. We are doing physical therapy twice a week and it is helping her get back on her feet. Schools are on early dismissal this week so I have even less time between dropping her off and picking her up.

Jean, I feel your pain - we had a leak in our living room from a pin hole in the pipes and the ceiling almost fell in on my piano. It took awhile to get it fixed - but that was dh's doing as we own, so we have to do our own repairs.

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone!!!!

Got to tell you all how well wiley is doing with her decluttering! She's sending surprise packages to me! lmagine how l felt today when the maillady honked her horn outside my house this afternoon. l went out there and she had a package for me! From wiley! Wiley sent me a quilt! Just when l needed it the most. Thank you soooooo much!

l know l've been missing for awhile again. Seems like this has been a rough year for me. This winter l seemed to have caught about everything that went around. Then when it seemed like l should have been getting better l wasn't and decided l had better go to the doctor with what l thought was pneumonia or congestive heart failure! Well, l didn't have pneumonia but my heart was enlarged some and my blood pressure was through the roof. So, l've spent the last couple of months trying to get my BP down. Now, on 2 different meds but it's still running higher than it should. l go back to the doctor next week. Good thing is l've lost almost 20 pounds!

l am feeling better and will be glad to get the BP finally under control.

But, l have been decluttering. The church had a yard sale in May and l donated 2 bags and a box full to it then they had another one this month and l sent 3 more large trash bags full to it. And what was in those bags? Who knows, but it's gone now!

l haven't done any sewing in months but l've got a baby shower to go to next Saturday and l have the fabric and pattern to make a quilt. Just need to find my get up and gone. And do more that 15 minutes a day cleaning here in my craft room! l'm way behind on my 15 minutes so some extra time is needed!

Good to see you all are keeping the post going and continuing on with your decluttering and cleaning!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9370 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
mira'smom, when is your vacation to Branson? l live just over an hour from there.
How long will your DD have to do PT?

wiley, l love ceiling fans in every room! l'd have one in my bathroom if l could get DH to put one in there. LOL

granny3641, what a mess for you to deal with for so long. AT least it's not keeping you from working on shower goodies!

Granny Quilts, if you figure out why we keep so much that has no purpose, please, tell us. Maybe we can find a solution!!! You are still doing a good job keeping busy with your decluttering.

My stepmom and l were talking about dining room tables today. She has a friend who always has a table clothe on hers and everything always so neat. l don't even bother with a table clothe. My DH thinks the dining room table is his personal dumping ground! LOL

Have a great weekend.

======================

Posts: 9370 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Rainbow, just sit back and relax and enjoy all that quilt has to offer!

posted Hide Post
Rainbow, I arrive next Sunday. My siblings and their families are all coming too. I am desperately trying to get things cleaned up before my house sitter comes. She will be taking care of the cats and plants while we are gone, while visiting with mutual friends in the area.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
My closest cousin past away on the 15th so I needed some down time. But I'm back on schedule now. In the last two days I managed to finish the den. I have one box of supplies to put away ( if I can find a place for then Frown ....)

I started clearing out a brushy area at the edge of the lawn. I want to fill that area with garden phlox.

How is everyone else doing?

posted Hide Post
I am keeping busy with work and crocheting for a craft sale the last Saturday in July. I just got back from Seattle Tuesday night after being there for a week. Had fun and relaxed and did some sightseeing and lots of crocheting. I took oldest grandson with me and he stayed with his mom and I stayed at my sons house. So enjoyed that break too. I did go to Michaels 2 times and got some of the new colors of yarn. Am doing a baby afghan now. I hope to get that done this weekend.

Have a good weekend all.

Posts: 529 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I've been invited to attend a Quilt Camp next Thrsday thru Sunday with some ladies I sew with. So I've been going thru my stash for items to take with me, quilt kit, maybe a Ufo or two. Our summer heat has settled in so this trip will be nice cuz the town is about 6000 ft. which makes for much cooler weather than Yuma.

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
mira'smom, l hope you are having a great time in Branson!

Wiley, l hope you are having a great time at your quilt camp and are getting a lot done.

Granny Quilts, so sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. lt sounds like you are right back on track. Good job finishing the den!

steph, glad you were able to get away. Did you finish all the full size afghans you were working on? l think you were on #6 last time l remember. l loved doing baby afghans when l crocheted b/c about the time l got bored with them they were finished!

l've been doing regular cleaning but nothing much to declutter right now.
And l have finally started sewing again! l made a large baby quilt for a lady at church and l made 3 diaper shirts for my friends DGS. He's only 4 months old and just had open heart surgery. He's home now and doing good.

The weather is hot and dry here. The weatherman says we've suppose to be cooler this next week. l hope he's right!!!

Keep working and posting!

======================

posted Hide Post
I got all my afghans for kids and grandkids done and delivered

I am working on items for a craft show the end of July now. I have done some decluttering and am slowly making progress getting my craft room in order. Hubby rolled my skeins of yarn into balls for me so that they are easier to use. I have a few more he needs to do since I went craft store.

have a good evening

Posts: 529 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the Quilt Camp, had a great time. Made a couple of quilt tops(one I had to do over)put together a bunch of pillowcases. Ate a lot of great food, visited a couple of quilt shops and of course spent some money. The only thing is I couldn;t sleep very well, too quiet. I live near train tracks and they toot their horns and run 24/7. By Saturday nite I was getting used to the quiet but now I'm home and will have to get used to the noise again.

posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, Branson was nice but I was surprised at how uncrowded everything was. A lot of the hotels weren't even open. There weren't many lines at Silver Dollar City even. Now I have a lot of laundry to do and stuff to put away from the trip, before I return to decluttering.

Hope you have all been well and making progress.