Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Art Play Date
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Art Play Date Sign In/Join 
Picture of rainee
posted
Some of us who belong to decorative painting communities were told about this opportunity and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Several artists are coming together to put this event together. 24 weeks, 24 on-line classes, cost is $99. They will be doing a variety of mediums.....acrylic painting, color pencil, mixed media, and more. It will go from May to October and all lessons will remain available to you until April 2015. It is a great opportunity to learn from some wonderful artists for just a little over $4 a class. You can read more about it here...

http://www.artplaydate.com/

At the top of the page there is a link for some of the upcoming projects. More projects will be posted before the event begins.

I have everything I need in the way of supplies to do this event so I figure it would be a good way to use some of them up. :-)

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3204 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Raineee, I haven't painted in a while, but I watched the video on the link you posted. I liked it. If that is a sample of what to expect, it is very nice and easy to understand. Marylee

Posts: 1502 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Marylee,

the videos are usually step by step and they do make them pretty easy to follow. Since I posted this message there have been 3 more classes added for a total of 27! (but the price remains the same).

I have never done on-line classes for anything so I hope I will be disciplined enough to do them. I guess I'm going to find out! LOL

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3204 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post