Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  CLUTTER CLEANERS.....THE HEAT OF JULY IS UPON US
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CLUTTER CLEANERS.....THE HEAT OF JULY IS UPON US Sign In/Join 
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted
I love to craft
It is so much fun
If my room were uncluttered
I'd get so much more done
So I pledge today
To do my fifteen
So that soon I might say
MY CRAFTROOM IS CLEAN!
(by camarogranny)

We all know that the longest journey begins with one small step. So, getting rid of clutter begins with one small box. Just 15 minutes a day, and you will be surprised how much you can get done.
And don't forget to post, post, post.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
It's done! It's done! The Queen is done!

I asked the guys to hold up the quilt so I could get a good picture of it, but they had other things to do.

This is a picture of part of the top.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
And this is the journal block on the back.

posted Hide Post
Beautiful quilt. Thank's for showing it.

Posts: 302 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Great job, Granny! You quilt is beautiful.

Welcome home Wiley and Mira'smom! Glad you had a good time.

I'm off on vacation now. One of my cousins like me tag along on her vacation to Texas. We're having a great time. Went swimming this afternoon so we're chillin now.

Stay cool.
Keep decluttering.
And post, post, post!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9552 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rainbow I finished the last afghan and delivered it to my son in seattle in person when I went there for vacation in june he loved the colors and the pattern so I am sure it will be well used

I am working on potholders and dishcloths and scarves for the craft show at the end of the month

have a good 4th of july all

Posts: 573 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rainbow, I did despite the heat.

Granny beautiful quilt. I would like to learn how to do that,once I get some of the other stuff I have done.

Steph - I bet you are glad to be finished.

I got all the laundry done from our trip, the suitcases put away, got our groceries and gathered all the stuff I brought home to scrap our trip together. Next step, getting the pictures printed and pages done.

By the way DD was released by her orthopedist yesterday and today might be her last physical therapy appointment. They were all impressed with how quickly she has regained full movement in her foot and ankle. She had appointments scheduled for the whole month of July.

Posts: 2372 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
mira'smom, good news for your DD!

steph, good luck with the craft sale!

l'm home from vacation. Laundry is done is put away. Got home at 2:00 a.m. so not getting a lot done today. l now need to get busy and get some sewing done that l've been putting off. That would declutter my mind greatly!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Come on and post!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9552 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started off well after my vacation but it has all come to a halt again. My AC quit working over the weekend and it is just too hot to do much. The repair man was here today and will be back on Thursday to finish. They had to order a part, which is supposed to come sometime Wednesday. It is too hot for me to sleep.

Posts: 2372 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
mira'smom, if my a/c went on the fritz I would have to head for another place to crash(along with the dogs and DH). So far we're okay.Last week was not good, stayed home.Hard to be in triple digit weather.
Good to hear about DD.I bet she is one happy camper.
This week I'm trying to teach 2 young ladies how to sew. What fun!

Posts: 4439 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wiley, I almost did end up going to a hotel. Instead, I stuck it out and sweated each night at home. AC was fixed on Thursday and I am feeling a lot better. Need to catch up on things as I avoided doing anything that would generate heat like laundry, cooking and using the steam mop. Instead dd and I spent one afternoon at the library and another at the movies.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
I decluttered the computer desk yesterday.
I've been spending as much time working in the yard as I can.I wait till there is shade covering the area I want to work on, but the past couple days have just been too hot.

Keep cool everyone.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
The heat and humidity are still pretty high where I live but hopefully tomorrow with bring a cooling change. The heat is wearing on everything. I decided to deep clear the living room. You know......capture the dust bunnies that hide behind things and sweep down the corner cob webs.
Well I got about a third of the carpet vacuumed and the belt in my sweeper broke.

OH WELL! One end of the living room looks good anyway. LOL

Drink lots of fluid and keep cool...........

posted Hide Post
I was able to get a little more decluttering done. We cleaned out my dd's bookcase and I now have a laundry basket of books to give to friends with younger children. I ended up with a guest last night as my dd's best friend's family had their ac go out on Thursday night. We took one kid, the other went to her bf and the grandparents (who are raising them) went to stay with their dd. It has been horribly hot and humid here. We are going to have another hot one today too.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
wow! The last post was July 20th. I hope everyone is OK!

I've been busy with yard work. The brushy area along the edge of the yard is all cleaned out.....finally!

Yesterday I decided to re-do my filing cabinet. I took everything out of it and set up a hanging folder system. Then I went through everything to get it organized. It toook aaaallll day. I couldn't believe how much stuff I had jammed in there for the family tree.

In the mean time I started repairing DGS#10's quilt.

What is everyone else doing?