Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  DO NOT POST ANY PATTERNS...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DO NOT POST ANY PATTERNS... Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
until the frauds are removed from these boards. They seem to be copying things, posting on their sites, pinning it on pinterest and claiming it as they're own. They give NO credit to the original poster. And we worry about hgtv taking our projects.!!!

If you go look at the post about book covers and read the 'words'. This is not how this 'person' "talks", if you read some of her other posts, she has a distinct way with her words. And in the post about the book covers, it's like she is telling you , in good English, how "I" made this. It only took a few seconds to find the original poster on pinterest. Look here

http://www.theredthreadblog.co...-felt-notebook-cover

The original is in the SAME English that we use. Not the broken language that the poster uses, so I don't think she made up the book covers. Do you agree?

Do I have any followers and what can we do? If you look at the posters, it's all from those 3.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10015 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftycookie
posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree with you, Jean. I have noticed the same thing after checking out some of the links. I wonder what brought this on.

Cookie

Posts: 1157 | Location: North Central AZ | Registered: Dec 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Cookie...I'm sure they are trying to be friendly, but they also want sales or they wouldn't keep posting their selling site. And I do like that they share projects, but they aren't theirs to share unless they give credit to the person that they got it from. Especially when they make it look and 'sound' like they did the work they are showing.

And posting things on pinterest and then 'sharing' the pinterest site with us, doesn't work either. lol I guess we'll have to try something else to get them to understand how it is supposed to work on the boards. I'm not the boss here but I still think about our friends who did share properly and got kicked off.

And give a workable pattern when one is needed not just a picture of the pieces.

Jean

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10015 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
I'm usually on the quilting board..but love to stop here once in a while and check out crafts too. I can't believe those posts!! I feel it is making this board more "business" ventures than friendly sharing. They lead you to purchase things...not share. What a shame!!

Posts: 4245 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnsew
posted Hide Post
Jean,
Can you please private message me - I am having trouble (my fault, undoubtedly) trying to send a letter re the Peanut Pillows you kindly helped me with.
Kind regards,
sewnsew

Posts: 220 | Location: Central NSW AUSTRALIA | Registered: Nov 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
sewnsew..would pm you, but I think you have the wrong person for help. I don't remember helping anyone with Peanut Pillows. Could you refresh my memory a little and when was this?

Jean

Picture of sewnsew
posted Hide Post
Hello Jean,
Sorry I have thrown your memory in a "tizz" - it was some little time ago that I put out my request - actually 8th April and you were kind enough to advise of a site wherein I was able to get a free pattern for a DOG BONE pillow.
I promised I would send you a photo of the finished product but am having trouble trying to do it so I was about to request your email because I can manage to send photos that way.
I thought I had reduced my photo to a JPEG but obviously not.
Anyway the pillows turned out nicely and I just wanted to thank you.
Kind regards,
sewnsew (Barbara)
PS: What a lovely photo of you!

Posts: 220 | Location: Central NSW AUSTRALIA | Registered: Nov 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I remember now. Smile And I will pm you now.

Jean

p.s. thanks for the comment on my pic. That was taken when I was 19. Many, many moons ago. lol