Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  online wooden craft sites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

online wooden craft sites Sign In/Join 
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted
Does anyone have a reasonable site for buying wooden plaques, etc.? I am trying to make some luggage tags and need the wood that is about that size. I know I have been to a site like that before but for the life of me, can't think of the name of it.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5577 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Save On Crafts has them for a very reasonable price.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7548 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3204 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rainee and KG. After going to these sites, it would cost me more to have them shipped than it would to buy the actual item. I was planning on making some luggage tags and selling them but I guess I better nix that idea.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5577 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen them in Michaels, where they have small wood items.

Posts: 342 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
I know Joann's also has carried them. If you have any local craft stores you might want to check them out.

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3204 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Instead of wooden pieces (for key chains), have you tried the laminate squares that are samples from Lowes or Menards? I have some and I think they already have the hole drilled in them.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
That's a great suggestion granny!

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Let us know if you do not find them locally.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7548 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
Granny, that IS a good idea. Thanks! I bought a bunch of them at Hobby Lobby but the laminate ones would be more the size I need. Darn! I just came from Lowes and they are 35 miles from me....oh well, will get them the next time.

--Mel Weldon