Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   General Crafts
  Clutter Cleaners it is October
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clutter Cleaners it is October Sign In/Join 
posted
I love to craft
It is so much fun
If my room were uncluttered
I'd get so much more done
So I pledge today
To do my fifteen
So that soon I might say
MY CRAFTROOM IS CLEAN!
(by camarogranny)

I can't believe it has been a year that I have been retired now. I was sure I would be done decluttering by now!

I found some unfinished cards from classes I took right before my scrapbook store closed this weekend. I spent a little time finishing them up and now have several Christmas cards ready to send. I have a few more that I need to find the pictures of so I can finish them.

How are all of you doing?

Posts: 2360 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Wow, October is here already. Our weather is just beginning to break. Winter visitors are arriving. Walmart close to my house just finished putting in a Fabric Dept. When it was built there was no fabric like the other 2 Walmart,s we have.They have finally realized what a big mistake they had made.
I have decluttered a lot of fabric due to a lot of donation projects I've been working on. So I'll be running over to Walmart fairly often.Big Grin:

Posts: 4429 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
I will be having a garage sale in a couple weeks, so lots of decluttering going on in my house!! The sale will be in a building we own, so don't have to worry about the weather.

I need to finish up some pr@yer quilts so can get them delivered. I have 3 in different stages of being done.

Posts: 5185 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ladies, I would love to learn how to sew so I could make quilts. Unfortunately the only person in the family that does sew lives clear across the country from me and our JoAnn's does do classes...

Posts: 2360 | Location: md | Registered: Oct 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am taking my first quilt class today. I always wanted to learn to quilt, now that I am retired I am taking a class. I have a lot of fabric, and want to declutter some of my stash.

Posts: 283 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Mira'smom, have you checked with a High School or Church? Sometimes they have lessons for adult's. One of our libraries has a sewing group that teaches sewing basics.
The internet is another place to find tutorials to hep you out. One that comes to mind is www.CraftyGemini.com.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. Smile

I'm still around but I've slowed down. I don't have a project going at the moment but I'm sure that won't last long. I finished repairing and enlarging DGS quilt yesterday. Poor thing has been in constant use for 10 years.

I had to take my PC the the tech to get it fixed. It just wasn't cooperating with me any more.

This morning I took time to clean off the top of the refrigerator. It's been neglected all summer.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. Last week, I caught up dd's Tae Kwon Do album before her black belt test this Saturday. This morning I finished off two projects that have been hanging around for a few weeks. I mailed them too! Now I need to clean up from that and see what I will work on next.

Friday I got a show holder at bed bath and beyond that I am used to make a less expensive version of the Clip IT up system. I have been putting my cling stamp sets on it. I might go get a second one to use for my beading supplies. I really want to work down my stashes and this might help me be able to see what I have before I go buy stuff.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
We went to a funeral Wednesday. DSIL's mother passed. DH had to go shopping yesterday so I picked up a couple counted cross stitch projects to work on in the evenings.

Today I cleaned the inside of the refrigerator.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Pa, USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
I managed to get the refrigerator-freezer cleaned
yesterday and today I de-cluttered one cabinet.

I'm working on a needle point project in the evenings.

Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
It has been busy around here for the past few weeks. I'll soon be caught-up with the housework and then back on schedule with de-cluttering.

I finished the needle point book mark for my sister.

How is everyone else doing?

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
Am finishing up my 3rd afghan in 5 (6 ?) weeks and have one more to go before Christmas. Learned to do a circle in a square. And they do go fast. Have to clear dining table off (and it is a mess.!!!) before Tues as grand-daughter is coming for me help her set up her sewing machine. Hope I remember how. lol

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
I think I'm back on track again.
Yesterday I cleaned out my plastic container cabinet and washed the kitchen curtains. Today I washed the kitchen windows and rehung the curtains.

posted Hide Post
I have done some decluttering of my craft stuff sortof. I sent almost all my cross stitch stuff that I haven't touched in 5 years and sent it to a friend who will work on it and get it used up. I am listing some craftbooks on ebay and listed some supplies and books and crocheted items on mycraftstarshop.

www.hoffershobbies.thecraftstar.com
www.ebay.com/steph57006

Posts: 568 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Granny Quilts
posted Hide Post
Thanksgiving is speeding our way. Glad I'm only doing a couple side dishes for the big family get-together this year.

GRANNY3641......Did you get all the afghans finished?

STEPH57006.....I enjoy doing cross stitch but I can get irked when I lose my place on the pattern.
How do you keep track of where you've stitched?

Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
3 down and couple of squares to finish for the 4th one. Whew. but I will say, my wrist is getting sore ad achy. Thanks for asking.

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
STEPH57006,
I do a lot of cross stitch. I make a copy of the pattern I am stitching on. Then I mark the area where I left off on my copy.
Hope that helps.

Posts: 283 | Location: Davie Fl | Registered: May 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Was cleaning out a couple of drawers, full of jelly rolls and honey buns. Guess I better put together some quilts. Can't believe how many I have.
Thansgiving is a;most here so I hope everyone has a great and safe day.Group Hug.