Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Contests & Giveaways
Hop To Forums   Related sweeps from our sister sites
  Enjoying the Blog Cabin pictures and tours
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enjoying the Blog Cabin pictures and tours Sign In/Join 
Picture of nursejudy
posted
If you have not visited DIY Blog Cabin 2014, now is the time. It is a beauty. It is hard to decide which room is my favorite Smile Every room shows off the wonderful outdoor spaces which make this home complete.

The back yard is a dream come true yard with everything you and your company would want to enjoy on this beautiful Florida Lake property. Chris Grundy and his team have gone beyond my expectations.

What are you enjoying at this years Blog cabin? Wink

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5655 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using this innovative blog from quite a while now! DIY Blog Cabin is all what a brilliant idea demands Smile Thanks sharing!

Regards:
Alexa
https://doorshoppers.com

Alexa

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nobody is to overly excited about the blog cabin.

I love the dock and boat

Posts: 379 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
edith ann, It's called keeping things in perspective. What makes you think people aren't overly excited about the BC? I'm curious.

Posts: 5231 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I agree edith Ann, many are excited about the blog cabin, we will have that thought justified when we see the number of entries at the end of the contest. Would love to hear many of their thoughts and ideas here. There are some interesting perspectives on the blog.

I think this years has surpassed the past and they were all pretty neat. I am still thinking how great those outdoor spaces are and can picture alot of gatherings and fun. I think you would need to invest in a ride mower for that huge yard. I am transported back to camp when you made s'mores over the camp fire and dreaming about doing the same at that neat fire pit. Now my husband is greatly excited about the thought of fishing.

What strikes you all as intriguing?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5655 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Today I am loving then Sun room. My husband is dreaming of fishing! Wink

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to be able to wrestle 8 to 10 foot alligators right in my own front yard instead of just having to watch it on television. I'm laying the challenge down right now to "Tango", (our official Florida gator guy,) to a gator wrestling match! First one to pin a 10'gator and toss it into the hammock in the boathouse wins a lifelike rubber water moccasin and an 8x10 glossy of Nursejudy with a suture kit at the ready. Smile

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3604 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Bill, for you and Tango I am there as the official referee and ready to do any needed first aid. "Let The first MB Gator Olympics begin" Wink What an honor to be the prize as well. Wink

I saw a gator swim by on one of the video's, "gators, and herons and sqitos OH my"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
My favorite would have to be the dock... Does it really come with a boat??

A garage would have to be added. My car has to have a room of it's own.. with AC too!!!

Mr. Bill don't forget the Pythons..

Posts: 1091 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Bill:
I'm laying the challenge down right now to "Tango", (our official Florida gator guy,) to a gator wrestling match! First one to pin a 10'gator and toss it into the hammock in the boathouse wins a lifelike rubber water moccasin and an 8x10 glossy of Nursejudy with a suture kit at the ready. Smile

Gator wrestling match? and tossing it into the hammock?

That doesn't even make sense, Mr., ah, Winkle!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I will return to my rubber ducky and the good-looking girl at the other end of the pool. :>)

signed, Rocky

Posts: 3162 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Yes sendchocolate, it comes with a boat.

As far as the gator wrestling, we make up the rules, so a long as it makes sense to us.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:...
As far as the gator wrestling, we make up the rules, so a long as it makes sense to us.

Speaking of rules, here's a head's up on the blog cabin sweepstakes: note the fairly small, $50K cash included in the Winter Haven Blog Cabin prize(s); the total winnings will be about $891K that will be subject to about 39.6% federal tax rate.
There is no "cash option" such as there was in the Dream Home Sweepstakes.
Good luck, all.

Posts: 3162 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TangoW:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Bill:
I'm laying the challenge down right now to "Tango", (our official Florida gator guy,) to a gator wrestling match! First one to pin a 10'gator and toss it into the hammock in the boathouse wins a lifelike rubber water moccasin and an 8x10 glossy of Nursejudy with a suture kit at the ready. Smile

Gator wrestling match? and tossing it into the hammock?

That doesn't even make sense, Mr., ah, Winkle!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I will return to my rubber ducky and the good-looking girl at the other end of the pool. :>)

signed, Rocky

OK sendchocolate and nursejudy, up the stakes and add a rubber ducky to the winners purse. (I see now we will have to make this contest irresistible to him.)

Tango does have a good point on the prize winner's tax obligation. How much does alligator go per pound on todays market? Smile

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3604 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The winners purse has been upped. 10 foot Gator into the hammock at the boat house shall be called the winner.

We can then enjoy the Movie "Crocodile Dundee" on the TV in the boat house sipping rita's in memory of our Beachlady, (they were her favorite) after the gator contest.

I really love this dock and deck, i can see a lot of relaxing days out there if I win.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
lol....

I knew I was missing something!

A Gator INTO the hammock? I have been thinking how a gator could take a bite out of one's backside while relaxing. Feeling relaxed now, nursejudy? lol

Posts: 5231 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Glad you joined the gator episodes on the dock Trish. The winner is the first to wrestle the gator into the hammock. maybe we can have a Barbeque on the patio follow by a game of bocce ball after the competition. many opportunities in that back yard.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
the reason I say that is because they have not announced it on hgtv message board I did ... others were announced and they did not announce it on the DIY message board . I still love it

Posts: 379 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. I hope they open a new message thread here as well. Keep the dream

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥