Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

disabled military and need renovation Sign In/Join 
posted
Hey Guys and GGals, I have a military "please help me out" request. I am active duty military (Coast Guard) stationed in Nashville (I know, not too close to the coast), but haven't been allowed to work since June ( I can't drive my tactical response boat and carry a gun since I am susceptible to seizures) when I was diagnosed with a malignant, inoperable brain tumor. I have spent the last 8 months sitting around the house mostly alone, watching DIY (when I'm not with the doctors), and starting projects that I don't have the energy to finish, due to my 36 rounds of full-brain radiation to fight the cancer. My kitchen, livingroom, and deck are screaming for some attention. Please let me know if you are interested and I can provide pictures and details. I am very handy, and can do anything I put my mind to, but I just don't have the energy anymore, or experience to finish this alone. Hope to for my hear from you! It'd be so cool to open up my house to Allison for my kitchen, or Matt for my master bath, Josh could help fis the damage my dog's claaws have done to my hardwood. Anitra to help redesign the interior after my fiancee of two years left me and took most of the house's guts, and have a great idea for Amy to put in a deck extention to add value to my home before the military medically retires me and I have to sell the house to move back home to Texas where my sister can take care of me as my tumor continues to grow, and my energy continues to fade. I'm not looking for a pity party, but some help would be really fun and give me something to do aside from sitting on the couch for the 9th straight month.
Regards,
Brian
snipe41377@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At first I want to wish for your long life as much as possible and also want to hats off to you for your approach. Do me a favor, let me show some pics that can create an idea at least...

Posts: 1 | Location: Kilmichael, MS | Registered: Oct 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Snipe,
have you thought of applying for one of the remodeling shows on DIY or HGTV? They might be able to help you. I would think one of our military would sure be so deserving. I do not know how to apply, but do some investigating to find out how.

nursejudy

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5613 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post