Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

flip or flop Sign In/Join 
posted
i've been a dedicated, enthusiastic fan of all the shows of HGTV....HOWEVER....i simply cannot sit through one episode of Flip or Flop....the guy is such a whiner and just not a likeable individual....whenever this show comes on....I'm g.o.n.e......i'd much prefer to watch reruns of any other show....

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: Jun 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a fan also until I attended a seminar that they are lending their name and likeness to called find and flip, which as it turns out is a money making scheme with buy ins for "tuition" for "advanced education" and you receive a binder full of good ideas and hints you get off any of the shows. However, this is supposed to be different in that they teach you how to do the math and see if it is a good deal and they are supposed to fund up to $500,000 and give you the software that Tarek and Christina use to find these deals. Well you only get hat level of service after you pay equivalent to a year at Stanford. That's the catch 'cause I paid $2000 led to beleive I was getting all that. WRONG!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been a fan, but I'm hardly surprised by your comments!!

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: Jun 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, muddyh20, for my quick typing. I did not mean you were a fan!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL...no worries at all!!!

posted Hide Post
It looks like HGTV picked these two from central casting. The blond and her husband. Oh, yeah, don't forget the kid they haul everywhere. They look clueless. I agree that they do the same thing on every house. You would think after doing all these flips, they would know what to look for and not have many surprises. Neither one of them are the sharpest knife in the drawer. I watched about 3 episodes and that was enough for me.

Posts: 193 | Registered: Jan 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dislike the couple more each time I see this show. If HGTV gets different people that are likeable and not smug like these two it would be great. In the meantime, I will continue to turn the channel when it comes on.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the show is okay. My problem is that when I record it the recording always stops right before you see the end of the program. I always miss the most interesting part that gives the final info on remodeling costs and what the house sold for. Ugh! Get the length of the program right so it fits the times DVR's record.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post