Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tweets on HGTV shows Sign In/Join 
posted
HGTV showed tweets during their 2014 Rose Parade coverage and are now showing them on their regular shows - I find them disruptive and feel they diminish the show - how do you feel?

Question:
Should HGTV show tweets on their shows?

Choices:
Yes
No

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I have to watch these stupid Tweets on HGTV, then I won't be watching anymore. Sad to have this kind of thing forced on us. I choose not to use Twitter but here it is on my favorite TV channel. Well, I control the channels I watch so I'm switching to American Movie Channel til these annoying Tweets go away.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just started seeing tweets on HGTV and find them distracting and very annoying. If they continue, we won't be watching HGTV any more (and we're avid fans).

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just look at the poll to see how many viewers dislike this feature. It completely distracts from the show. As others have said I will no longer watch your shows if it continues. Think about your demographics. This is not necessary, desired or appropriate.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Streaming tweets along the bottom of the screen is just another distraction from the show. I have decided not to watch any shows that have those annoying tweets along the bottom of the screen. Totally ruined watching the Rose Parade.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate Hate Hate the "tweets" on HGTV. Very distracting. Glad you have a poll and everyone feels the same -maybe the big shots at HGTV will recognize this and stop. One person even said in a tweet-"hope this tweet makes it on HGTV" I wrote the Contact Us at the bottom to complain. I put it under technical because there was no category for complains.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great - another anti-tweeter. I also saw a tweet just wishing someone happy birthday. Plus the people that are tweeting are seeing them on their phone so they can still do it without everyone being subjected to them.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Not a tweeter.

Posts: 5182 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Catlover, You can go to the Chat Line and be connected to a live person. The Chat Line is available 9:30 to 5:00pm Mon thru Fri. You can reach them by going to Contact Us just as you did for your email. The "Live Help Chat Line" is in a small box just above the email form. Sometimes I have a problem finding them available, but I just try later and finally get through. The ladies on the Chat Line are very helpful...if they don't know the answer, they forward your message to the proper person. Going to the Chat Line really works. Marylee

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post