Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HGTV exec's need to wake up Sign In/Join 
Picture of WyoCathy
posted
I completely agree with all the posts about the change in programming. bring back the true decorating shows like Sarahs House, Color Splash, The High Low Project, Where is Candice, David, Genevieve, Emily, Antonio, Sabrina? Million dollar rooms is a ridiculous show in with the state of the economy. Love it or List it was good at first but not over and over and over, and the same with the Property Brothers.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Completely agree with WyoCathy's post! Would love to hear from HGTV's programming exec's explaining why they have eliminated all these wonderful shows!

I have been a devoted HGTV viewer since 2002 but have been watching less and less in 2012.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew that i wasnt the only person who felt this way! I only watch HGTV when house hunters is on. Some morons in a board room are making a tragic error. I dont know ANYONE that watches *Property brothers TV" anymore!!

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also agree with this statement. "Love It or List It" is a prime example of how far HGTV has come from their original format. This show, obviously scripted to seem like reality TV, is the most annoying show on television. It should be re-titled "The Bickersons", since all the two hosts do is bicker back and forth with each other. It really takes the competitive nature of the show too far. On top of that, you've got the home owners bickering with each other and with the hosts. Nobody believes that two homeowners would be silly enough to accept an offer to be on this show, only to berate and argue with the hosts and expect major renovations on minimal budgets. Really?? Every episode is the same ridiculous bickering, until the end, where everyone miraculously becomes friendly again. My advice to HGTV is to leave the scripted drama to other networks and go back to giving us the shows that started your success.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ceeayche
posted Hide Post
So true. They fail to incubate their own creations. Once a winner is announced on their own design competition, it is difficult to find the shows... Because of all the House Hunter, Property Brothers and Love it or List it reruns, and the next thing you learn it's been canceled.

There are several posts for the mythical "Abby". However, I have yet to see one where she has deigned to respond to any of the posts. Certainly the programming hasn't changed.

Who is the audience for this dreck?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, have been a fan of HGTV since the beginning, but I am rapidly losing faith in the programming of this network. Love It Or List It is like nails on a chalkboard after repeat marathons EVERY day! Why??? Why, when there is a vault full of interesting shows that could be replayed from past episodes of just about ANY other show? The whole "marathon" scheme is plain laziness in the programming dept. is the only answer. The only way to get their attention is to either contact their advertisers and complain - or your cable provider and cancel your subscription to HGTV.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss Joan & "Decorating Cents". Seeing what was accomplished with $500.00 was inspiring. These million dollar make over shows are over the top. HGTV viewers (most anyway) are no where near that income bracket !! Get real & put on shows we want to watch !!

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It must be making money or the network wouldn't be doing this to us. I'm voting with my clicker. Today instead of another episode of dum and liar(Love it or list it) I turned on the deep and provocative "Storage Wars". How low has US TV slipped? I turned it off and decided to let HGTV know how I felt. I see I am not alone.

Posts: 7 | Location: Tucumcari, NM | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thank God for my DVR. No more commercials and no more real estate shows!

Posts: 1777 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftyrita
posted Hide Post
So where is Gail Aby, I thought this message board was hers to review and answer the concerns of their viewing audience. Enough already, people want answers as to what is going on with your programming.

Posts: 14 | Location: Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you all. I want the old shows - Decorating Cents, Design on a Dime, etc. I am now moving away from HGTV and DIY. I found a cool show on the Bio Channel (DirectTV) called Find and Design. This is the type of programming we want - and we will move to other venues to find it if you don't start listening to us.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I have stopped watching HGTV. Every time I would turn it on, it was just another show about selling a house or looking for a house. Boring programming. Execs need to look at the title of the channel and get a good variety of decorating and gardening shows. I don't want to watch a channel on real estate listings.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The title of the channel doesn't say anything about decorating.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to tell Alison Victoria that she should find another platform for her constant need of sexaul male attention other than Kitchen Crashers! Disgusting. How about a program that is really about renovating kitchens and less about being flirtatious and showing her body off?!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree also. Design Remix, Decorating Cents, Design on a Dime, were great shows for people on a budget in this day and age. Your constant marathons of house hunters, property brothers, etc. especially on Sat/Sun when lots of folks watch. I have quit watching because you are out of touch with the majority of folks that watch. Yeah, million dollar contractor is rude and conceited. Yeah, enuf with love it or list it marathons. Mix is up a bit, please

montana chick

Posts: 2 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: Dec 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
What is the reason for this section,? there are by far too many negative posts in this whole message board to have a section that is supposed to be for feedback and have no one, answering anything at all.

Posts: 4992 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post