This show continues to be formulaic, predictable and boring:
1. Find a couple with a dirty, cramped, poorly maintained house.
2. Assign one of two roles to husband and wife; love house and want to stay, despise house and want to move. Provide sufficient coaching and incentives for exhibiting exaggerated behavior.
3. Determine at least 1 catastrophic remodeling hurdle that will impact budget and strain relationship with the "despise house and want to move" actor: lead pipes? Asbestos insulation? Uneven floors? City ordinances that prevent laying proper foundation?
4. Take couple on house hunting adventure that specifically fails to meet their standards.
5. At the last minute, find "the perfect house, perfect neighborhood", but maybe just a tad over their range.
6. Reveal: couple properly astonished, predetermined love-it-or-list-it decision based on prior shows.
I vote: Lose It.
There are at least a dozen threads on this show. You've summed it up well, but really didn't plow any new ground.
Welcome to the boards.
Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.
My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
I did like watching this show, but the story line is old. Why does there always have to be some sort of major just exposed problem with the current house? And how does a designer not know that some walls are support walls and cannot just be moved at random? I won't watch anymore, it just drives me nuts.
Agreed. Of all the HGTV shows, Love it or List it probably is the LEAST liked among viewers according to message boards. I myself also hate it and seems just about any time I turn on HGTV that annoying program is on. It's boring, who's their demographic? Wealthy Canadians? Because only they can relate to the show. It's IN Canada, the homes are at least 500k or more (yes HGTV, that is considered "wealth" to a lot of Americans) and not a lot of people are tearing their homes up these days. It just can't relate to most people. I have no idea what the agenda is in showing this program.
And hosted by the 2 biggest flakes on tv! Give me a break!
What I don't understand is why Hillary must pay for furnishings, tchochkes, etc out of the reno budget but David can show ***** houses. Personally I think Hillary does pretty good with the unrealistic restraints. Also, why she designs before doing any sort of inspection.
Für Elise – Support the Heart & Breast Cancer Foundations
He always says comparable. It's not. Newer/new homes. They look nothing like the home their updating. The home will never have the charming features of an older home. David is also very annoying.
|Powered by Social Strata|