Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Be On HGTV Sign In/Join 
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted
Ever wondered how to Be On HGTV? Here's how...

Check out our Be On HGTV page for a list of current opportunities we are looking to assist you with. Also check your favorite show’s show page to upload photos of your very own project.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Abby G,

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new here to the forums, but, I do have a question about trying to sign up for one of the shows. There doesn't seem to be anything in the northeast, Connecticut is where we are located, we just purchased a new home, this past summer, and would love to have someone come by with some ideas for us, from HGTV. Why is there nothing up this way ? Everyone seems to be on the west coast.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of airgranny
posted Hide Post
Nothing in the lower midwest either.... Cry

Posts: 343 | Location: United States | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
Filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. Please continue to check back on the Be On HGTV page, it is updated regularly and you never know, we could be coming to your area soon and looking for a project just like yours. Also, who says you need a designer or contractor to create a wow factor?! Don’t forget to check your favorite HGTV show page for project upload opportunities.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Nothing in the south Atlanta area.

Posts: 3 | Location: Grantville, Georgia | Registered: Sep 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, there are camera crews in San Francisco, LA where most of the shows originate (very obviously to those of NOT from CA). Design on Dime has (or had, I haven't seen anything new from them in ages) a team in Chicago as well. Sabrina DeSoto's shows are in Baltimore and surrouding areas. Designed to Sell has teams in Chicago, Washington D.C. and Atlanta. My First Place is almost entirely in Denver/Boulder Colorado.

A few shows very dramatically show off the connections to other parts of the US -- Bang for Your Buck, House Hounters, How Much Is My House Worth, etc. That's good.

Then there are the Candanian Shows -- Divine Design, For Rent, Income Property, Pure Design, Unsellables, etc. Also good.

The point for HGTV is that their viewers need to see a more balanced picture of the US in their choices. A certain amount of California and Hawaii seems exotic... an over abundance seems insensitive... not tuned into your viewers.

If teams can be created for Designed to Sell and Design on Dime, then there are ways to do that for a broader market... New England, Southwest, Mid-west/Heartland (south of Chicago)
Northwest, etc.

Since Diversity and market segmentation are key buzzwords for the marketers, let's see them apply the thought to programming.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jul 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
We recommend you submit your product information to our HGTV Resource Directory. It is designed to assist the producers of HGTV as well as DIY programming in locating possible product resources, locations or events, potential guests appearing as an expert in their field, and show ideas. If you would like to submit your information, please visit our Resource Directory on-line at http://resourcedirectory.hgtv.com (www is not necessary in the URL). If our producers are interested in your product, they will contact you using the information you have provided.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
This would be fun. I've done several jobsite/product training vids, and let me tell you a 1 hour training and product vid took three days.

It's hard work and I admire anyone that does it.

Best of luck to all that apply

I'm addicted to HGTV

Posts: 90 | Location: Riverside, CA | Registered: Jul 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend in Morgantown WV who recently purchased a 1901 Queen Ann. The house is rich in history.

He has asked me to act as a project manager to restore it. After reserching a few days, I discovered a flickr web page set to this house. Here's the link. Pay attention to the posting dates. My user name is justjeff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcgervey/2364814131/

A friend told me to contact you guys to see if this would be something you would be interested in. (If these walls could talk)

The previous owners and I are planning a walk through the house on November 28th. I am very interested in the stories they have. I wonder if anyone else is?

The web site tells some of the stories. The emails I have received goes a little futher.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
Check out our Be On HGTV page for a list of current opportunities we are looking to assist you with.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Abby, I did the construction drawings for the first episode of "My Big Amazing Renovation" and during the process, I came up with an idea for a new "reality" show. I would like to pitch this idea to HGTV. Can you help me?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
You would first need to coordinate with a production company to pitch your show idea.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
In January 2007, I was in Virginia nursing Mom after hip replacement surgery. My husband, Jim, saw that as an opportunity to do a road trip with our two kids (Eric, an 18 year old music major at American River College & Kellie, a 20 year old film studies major in her junior year at UC Davis) to visit his Dad down in Santa Barbara. Rather than boarding our old Greyhound, Tycho, we chose to have a pet sitter come twice daily to love him, to feed him, and to walk him. Our daughter's boyfriend, Bryce, was perfect for the job.

Unbelievably, a severe cold front came in, freezing/breaking a pipe above our kitchen, flooded the house. Bryce came over to find the dog panicked, water gushing from what had been the kitchen ceiling, and water throughout the entire house! The phone call I got went something like this:

"Hi, Di. How's Mom? Is she getting around OK? Are you sitting down?"
(You can imagine what I'm thinking at this point.)
"We're all doing fine. But...Can you help? We're heading home early and we'll need a hotel. Bryce called..."
"Why'd Bryce call? Is Tycho OK?"
"Di, I need you just to listen for a minute. Yes. Tycho is OK. Panicked, but OK. Bryce called because a pipe broke in the house, there's water all over the place, the kitchen ceiling collapsed under the weight of the water. He's staying with Tycho. We're coming home and need a hotel. See what you can find nearby that will accommodate us and Tycho."

Wow! I had my work cut out for me. Fortunately, Mom had internet access. I researched pet-friendly hotels while my family began the 7 hour drive home after a very brief family visit.
"Hello. I need a room tonight for 3 adults and one dog."
"No problem, as long as your dog is under 30 pounds."
"Under 30 pounds???? My dog is a Greyhound and weighs ~ 75 pounds. Please, just listen to my story..." I described the situation as best I could.
"Like I said, no problem. We don't have a scale."
"Oh, thank you! Todd, right? Will you be there when they check in? Thank you so much!"

We lived in that hotel for the next four and a half months.

We got so tired of making decisions. What kind of cabinets do you like? Style? Color? Hardware? Countertops? Flooring? Paint colors? People plan for months, years sometimes, for a kitchen remodel. We were being asked questions about each and every room. Thankfully, our home is quite small; it was still overwhelming. By the way, the hotel did not get HGTV at the time in our lives when we truly NEEDED it!

To this day, our house feels 'unfinished'. I don't think it would take much for each room to be 'done'. We've even thought about having it staged (not for selling, but for us) but realized it would neutralize our personalities. HGTV provides so many ideas, but we're still stuck. And the backyard, with wasted patio space and worn-out deck leave us just shaking our heads.

I actually dreamed that the HGTV team, all of you with your areas of expertise, showed up and worked your magic. The fantasy included the addition of a sound-proofed second story media room/music studio that enabled our artistic kids to be creative with their friends in the comfort of our home. Steve Hanneman and Antonio partnered on this project!

Keeping the dream alive,

Diane and Jim Hill, along with Kellie, Eric, and Tycho

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's Home and Garden TV, but what about a design show to help small businesses in desperate need of a makeover. For example, my office. We have been around since 1950 and I think we still have furniture from our charter year, along with plain white walls and no solution for our organizing nightmare. If there is a show currently being filmed that would like to help us out, that would be great too. Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Girl!! I'm here in Las Vegas!! we just bought our first home. It's still sitting there empty we need help. I'm a makeup queen and my hub is a computer geek, where do we start!!

Posts: 7 | Location: ideas, friends | Registered: Oct 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
Check out our Be On HGTV page for a list of current opportunities we are looking to assist you with.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Abby, why do you keep linking to that page (which is actually redirected to the About page) when there is no list to see? If there are no current opportunities, how hard would it be to post a message on the page that there are none at this time? Don't answer, I'm a webmaster, I know how hard it is... NOT. Visitors instead look all over that page you link to trying to find something that ain't there. Many of us are saying, "what the...???"

Sometimes this site can be so frustrating. It doesn't have to be.

R'gards,

Jim

Posts: 89 | Location: The real Northern California | Registered: May 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 64 | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim you have a better chance being on HGTV than most of that post here do for the simple fact that you live in California. Sure they say keep looking but they never do anyone's house unless you live in California, New York tri state area, Atlanta area or Dc area now. I really truely am really sick of watching all of California getting their homes made over. No offense...I have a better chance at winning the lottery and hiring a proffesional to do my master bathroom. Maybe I will start playing the lottery. LOL Good luck to you Jim.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abby G,
Have been checking the postings for shows looking for guests for quite some time now, with no luck. I am specifically interested in FOR RENT for our daughter and her three college roommates. They are students in Providence, RI [great city] and are in their first apartment right now. Apparently, it is commonplace for landlords renting to college students to charge very high rent and provide very little in return. Their current apartment leaves much to be desired. For $1550/mo., we think they could do better. We would love for Jodi Gilmour to find them a great place where they could be happy and safe for the next two years. Maybe longer. They are wonderful kids that deserve a better place to live. Any suggestions?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim McClain:
Abby, why do you keep linking to that page (which is actually redirected to the About page) when there is no list to see? If there are no current opportunities, how hard would it be to post a message on the page that there are none at this time? Don't answer, I'm a webmaster, I know how hard it is... NOT. Visitors instead look all over that page you link to trying to find something that ain't there. Many of us are saying, "what the...???"

Sometimes this site can be so frustrating. It doesn't have to be.

R'gards,

Jim

Jim, hey thanks for bringing this to my attention. The URL I originially inserted was right but appears, like you said, to be linking wrong so I have re-inserted them. Hope this helps and directs you appropriately.

Here is the URL just in case, http://www.hgtv.com/on-tv/be-on-hgtv/index.html .

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALKOV:
Abby G,
Have been checking the postings for shows looking for guests for quite some time now, with no luck. I am specifically interested in FOR RENT for our daughter and her three college roommates. They are students in Providence, RI [great city] and are in their first apartment right now. Apparently, it is commonplace for landlords renting to college students to charge very high rent and provide very little in return. Their current apartment leaves much to be desired. For $1550/mo., we think they could do better. We would love for Jodi Gilmour to find them a great place where they could be happy and safe for the next two years. Maybe longer. They are wonderful kids that deserve a better place to live. Any suggestions?

For Rent is actually a Canadian produced program that films in the Toronto area. You can see here .

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
We have just moved into our new rain forest mansion and we want you to come and help us decorate it, at least that's our dream fantasy jaja. I am a builder designer here in Costa Rica and I have just finished our home, a pacific west coast regional design with a hint of Costa Rican architecture. I have no idea if it is at all possible for you to do a show down here but if you could we would love to have you. We have a budget of about $25000.00, we just bought some furniture in Miami but basically the house is empty. While we were in Miami we saw one of Candice's designer rugs in a catalogue and we wanted to buy it but it wasn't in stock, but that is when we thought, if only we could get Candice to come down and help us out. If there is any chance you could work us into you busy schedule please let us know, as I said we would love to have you

Posts: 1 | Location: Costa Rica | Registered: Nov 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
Please see beginning of this thread for links to all opportunities we are looking to assist with at this time.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Dear ABBY G, My name is Beverly and Iam writing you because I've lived in my home about 3yrs. I need help on decluttering and I need some color and style.Ive have some funds to invest in my home,and I would to be considered for desingn on a dime I love Vern Yip.

Thank You

Beverly Mcdowell

This message has been edited. Last edited by: terrell,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my husband and I just inherit his parents house. We want to remodel the kitchen and bathroom but have no ideas. Just wondering who do I have to contact to see if any of the shows would like to tackle this.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abby,

I have been researching for months...do any of the remodeling shows visit Atlanta? We have such a unique home with many many renovations needed, I just can't seem to ever find a show visiting Atlanta

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi..Abby G. Just wondering if HGTV will ever assist small business owners with improvements/decorating. I watched a show where David on "color Splash" redesgned a small gym for the owner. So is this something that can be done by any of your designers?

Posts: 1 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Jan 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
January 29, 2010

Dear Abby G,
My name is Amy Moore and I served in the United States Navy for 5 ½ years and just recently got out when my service time was up. I served on board the USS Abraham Lincoln from 2004-2005 during which time the tsunami devastated Indonesia and surrounding areas and we were the first responders. I went ashore in Banda Aceh and aided in replenishing food sources and giving medical care to injured survivors.
I served six months at Camp Arifjan in Kuwait in the beginning of 2008 where I successfully assisted in setting up a permanent medical facility there in a hard building where before, we had been working out of tents. This was a huge benefit to medical readiness in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
There was also a need for pharmaceutical aid in Mombasa, Kenya later in 2008 where I treated over 5,000 people for malaria, infections, AIDS, etc. and I did this service with the Army and we set a record for services rendered in this amount of time.
I met my husband Kendall while stationed in Rota, Spain. He was working in the emergency department and I in the pharmacy. When we both got back to the United States, he proposed to me and we were married in April 2009 and just recently moved to Pensacola, FL and bought our first home. He is still active duty in the Navy while I am a full time student. To our surprise, just two months after moving into our house, Kendall was sent off to Haiti to help with surgical procedures of injured earthquake victims. I am not sure when he will be home, but I would desperately like to have some serious help with our backyard landscaping. It is a disaster and Kendall was planning on working on it before he left, but we were forced to change our plans.
My brother is on his way home from Iraq after serving his second tour with the US Army and he is coming to stay with me for a little while and I would like for my new home to look nice for him. The backyard is depressing and I don’t know the first thing about landscaping. Every time I look back there, I want to fix it, but I feel overwhelmed. I am willing to work hard and do what it takes, but I don’t know where to start.
Also, for Kendall’s sake, I want him to be able to come home from Haiti, after working so hard, and be able to relax and not have to worry about anything. I would like to have a nice surprise for him and have all the landscaping done and ready for us to enjoy this summer. We are both very busy and we don’t have a whole lot of money, but I am willing to work, work, and work some more! Our yard is not very big and we have a pool so that takes up even more space. I just don’t know what to do with it. I realize that only certain slots are open for certain areas, but like you said, the teams do travel sometimes. I would love to be an exception to the rule and have someone come here to Pensacola, FL.
Can HGTV help us?
Amy Michelle Moore

Posts: 1 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch HGTV all the time and have been praying for an opportunity to have help with are new home, but all the shows require you live in LA or New York. I really wish HGTV would help other states as well. I have a new home in Utah and for years I have been watching to apply for a show in my area but there hasn't been one. Why does HGTV have such limited location restrictions? Can't HGTV film in other state's besides California and New York.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abby, Why wont Hgtv every come to Ky. I want help on patio, and be on show. But you all only do Cal, NY, or close to those areas, We all watch in Ky too.

Posts: 1 | Location: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Feb 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
Filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. If a particular show that you are interested in is not currently listed on the Be On HGTV page, the production company for that series is not accepting viewer participation at this time. But do check back to the web page periodically because the page is updated frequently.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Hello Abby G, I was told to talk to you about getting my parent's kitchen on HGTV. 2004 they lost everything in a hpuse fire. Since then the community has given them enough money to rebuild everything in the house is used and came from friends and family. My parents will have been married for 36 years the end of this month. They don't have a big income so they can't make the kitchen like my mom has always dreamed of having in her house. She loves to cook and during the holidays there are a lot of people there. I am asking for help in anyway possible. Thanks you

Velisha

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
Please check out our Be On HGTV page for a list of current opportunities we are looking to assist you with.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
For all of you who are requesting help with a project, please listen: If you're willing to forego the "being on t.v." status symbol, check out your local design professionals and give them a call. No, it doesn't have to be expensive. For instance, I'm a design professional in the Austin TX area and my clients swear my fees are more than made up for in the discounts I can get them and saving them the aggravation and costs of bad decisions and hours spent in looking for just the right pieces. You honestly don't need HGTV - check references, ask questions during the initial consultation and be comfortable with whomever you choose. Good luck!

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
The American Society of Interior Designers is a great reference that may help if you are interested in outside designers in your area.

www.asid.org

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Abby, As my husband and I watch "First time home buyers hour" daily as part of our daily quality time; I have checked the "Be on HGTV" list and did not see any of the programs we watch regularly. As Vincent recently won "Rookie of the Year - Real Estate" for Benton County, Arkansas and the "Excellence" award, I know that he would be great on "House Hunters or My first Place" How can I get in touch with someone to talk more about this subject?

Also, what many people may not know, Bentonville, AR is nesseled in the Northwest corner of Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains. The area is growing leaps and bounds thanks to many businesses like Walmart Home Offce, Tyson, JB Hunt and numerous retail vendors. The Fayetteville (20 min away), Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville area was #2 in the areas that thrive in this recession time. In just less than a year, Vincent has been able to sell over $2M in property and has shown some of the most beautifully upgraded homes in the USA. I think HGTV viewers would enjoy the homes that are available in this beautiful, family oriented, thriving community; and my husband is the person to show them.

As I an new to this message board, I would appreciate any assistance.

Ronni

Posts: 1 | Location: Bentonville, AR | Registered: Feb 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
Filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. If a particular show that you are interested in is not currently listed on the Be On HGTV page, the production company for that series is not accepting viewer participation at this time. But do check back to the web page periodically because the page is updated frequently.

http://www.hgtv.com/on-tv/be-on-hgtv/index.html

Regarding Vincent, I would recommend our resource directory. The HGTV Resource Directory is designed to assist the producers of HGTV programming as well as our sister network DIY in locating possible product resources, locations or events, potential guests appearing as an expert in their field, and show ideas. If he would like to submit his information, have him visit our Resource Directory on-line at http://resourcedirectory.hgtv.com (www is not necessary in the URL). The information he enters will stay in the database for up to one year. He will be given a confirmation number and personal code in case he needs to make any changes. If our producers are interested in his services, they will contact him using the information he provided.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
We have a 'green energy' project in the works at our home in Brooktondale, NY (near Ithaca/Cornell), about 4 hours from NYC in central NY. I'd love to see our project (or a project like ours) highlighted on HGTV or DIY, but we're outside all of the shows' regions (and their application processes are fairly restrictive, so there isn't any way to really even tell them about the project to get their interest).

Abby, you noted that programs 'do travel from time to time'. How do we get their attention?

Our project:

We are currently getting estimates from contractors to install a ground-source heat pump geothermal heating and cooling system into our 1971 raised ranch home.

This system will allow us to save on energy bills and go green, since we will be replacing our current propane boiler (baseboard) heating system and getting our heating and cooling energy from the earth. As part of the total project, we will also be removing a wall on the lower level, creating a new ‘mechanical area’, and finishing off the remaining space into a downstairs family room. The geothermal system (including installing ductwork) will be done by the contractor; all of the other work will be done by us.

We’d love to see a program on installing geothermal (it really needs more national air time, and we love HGTV and DIY!). The current tax incentives (including federal and state) cut about 40% off the cost of installation, making it reasonably affordable for average homeowners (the federal incentive continues through 2016, so now is a great time to educate people about this technology, which has been around for a long time). People who heat with either propane or fuel oil and have a bit of home equity to tap into should definitely be looking into this. It pays for itself and then provides long term and substantial energy savings!

Contractor estimates for our system are currently between about $28 - $38K (before tax credits and rebates of about $12 - $15K, making our net install cost between $16 - $23K). We still have some research to do before we choose a contractor, and we’re flexible on the project date…

I hope this is enough to get someone interested. If not, please look for a geothermal project going on closer to you and do a program! Feel free to contact me.

Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cmp9,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi... just want to confirm if I understood correctly. The "be on HGtv" page... does it show/update when they are traveling to other areas? Do they ever just ask for ANYWHERE submissions, and based on what they like, THEN they choose WHERE they go?? Because it seems like I have SEEN shows in MANY different cities... yet, all the ones offered are for LA or New York mostly.
I live in Las Vegas, NV... it's not THAT far from LA... but I'm guessing too far to submit in the LA request.
I really thought they traveled ALL over the country, showing various places... designing and remodeling and such in all major cities.
Are there specific places other than the 'Be On HGTV' page we can go to submit applications, in case they find a story they really WANT to do, so they would consider traveling to that place?
Thanks for any info and help!
Bri

Posts: 2 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Feb 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I NEED ALOT OF HELP WITH MY HOUSE.MY HOME HAS SO MANY PARTS THAT COULD BE NUMEROUS SHOWS ON YOUR NETWORK

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Briguynv:
Hi... just want to confirm if I understood correctly. The "be on HGtv" page... does it show/update when they are traveling to other areas? Do they ever just ask for ANYWHERE submissions, and based on what they like, THEN they choose WHERE they go?? Because it seems like I have SEEN shows in MANY different cities... yet, all the ones offered are for LA or New York mostly.
I live in Las Vegas, NV... it's not THAT far from LA... but I'm guessing too far to submit in the LA request.
I really thought they traveled ALL over the country, showing various places... designing and remodeling and such in all major cities.
Are there specific places other than the 'Be On HGTV' page we can go to submit applications, in case they find a story they really WANT to do, so they would consider traveling to that place?
Thanks for any info and help!
Bri

Yes, as previously stated the page is updated frequently. Regrettably, there is no where else to submit and the only place our shows advertise for submissions. Please keep checking back.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Hello - I was advised to try you on this post. We live otside Phila., PA and were scammed by a contractor (long story short). We were trying to make an addition for my 85 year old mother who is living on our sofa. Contractors left us with no roof over main house and the back addition left out to the elements for 3 months. My son sleeps on the floor - my one daughter forced to move in with her grandmother. We don't know what to do!! We have filed a complaint with Attorney General but will probably get no where. My husband is in the Navy Reserves and is a nurse. We have minimal money left to put into this project and the contractor took off with $120,000!! Please let me know if you think you can help. We are desperate. Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This message is for Abby G
About Billy and Camille Monahan's nightmare in progress I have written and they said I should talk with you about it. the number is #6563-166339737-7102, I am not computer savvy so this message board stuff is new to me I was just trying to get them some help

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
ccm2213 and TERESA5531 - Please check out our Be On HGTV page for a list of current opportunities we are looking to assist you with.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
Hi all,

My husband and I just got a few rooms in our home renovated by HGTV (we're set to air on Saturday 3/6 @ 1:30 EST on the new series Destination Design) and we live in New Jersey. I believe the reason why some of the shows are not in some areas is because Production companies are plentiful in NY and LA and most of them want to stay local in order to cut back on costs of travel, the crew wants to go home and sleep in their own bed, they want the luxury of working as close to a normal 9-5 as possible, etc.
I hope that more production companies sprout up in "middle America" so we can see more diversification on the network...I personally don't mind if HGTV shared the love with the rest of the nation...because our experience with HGTV coming to our home absolutely ROCKED!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abby G, I am the president of Temple College, a comprehensive community college located in Central Texas in Temple (about 60 miles north of Austin. We have about 5700 students and about 60 percent of those students entered college not college ready in reading, writing, and/or mathematics. We have centralized our development education efforts under one division. We want to move all of the course offerings and student support services for these developmental students into one building. That building is an older building that, while adequate, is not decorated in a welcoming and supportive way. I contact HGTV to see if there is any chance one of the designers would be interested in helping us make this wing of the building a special place for students who are strugglig to get prepared for credit college classes.

Thanks, Glenda

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
I would encourage you to take a look at the Be On HGTV page on HGTV.com to review the opportunities available on our various programs.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

posted Hide Post
I am trying to find a design show that would like to fil in a town just outside Dallas/Fort Worth.

My house is 140 years old and we are having to tear up 70% of the flooring, subfloor and floor joists...which will cause other issues...so it's a big fix and we have contractors....would be GREAT to utilize out house on one of the design shows since we lack the sense of really making colors and flow work.

Posts: 1 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: Mar 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, I have a beautiful home on the inside but in need of major help on the outside, I watch HGTV religiously, and I see how wonderful of a job the crew does to major cities, yet, I live in the wonderful state of Alabama, and there is no crew this way, nor have I heard of a crew coming this way. why is that?

Posts: 1 | Location: millbrook,al | Registered: Mar 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post