HGTV Message Boards
How to Be On HGTV

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3944019072/m/8641069114

Mar 24, 2010, 04:26 PM
Abby G
How to Be On HGTV
Filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. If a particular show that you are interested in is not currently listed on the Be On HGTV page, the production company for that series is not accepting viewer participation at this time. But do check back to the web page periodically because the page is updated frequently.

http://www.hgtv.com/on-tv/be-on-hgtv/index.html

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal
Jan 21, 2012, 01:14 PM
sunrat
Hi Abby,

I was thrilled to see "Do You Have an Ugly Kitchen? Selected Homeowners Could Get a Free Remodel!" on the "Be on HGTV" page, but the link gave me a 404. I would love a chance to have mine remodeled - has the show been cancelled?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sunrat,
Apr 18, 2012, 01:50 PM
kjwj
Hey Abby G,
I saw the link for Meg's Great Rooms Show on HGTV. Sent my info the same day. A few days later it said my email was undelieverable. Could you please help me out with this? I sent a message to the Contact Us link and they sent me back to Be on HGTV and NOW that show is no longer listed.

I REALLY NEED TO SUBMIT MY ROOM!

Thanks
Apr 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hounds & Hooves
Hi Abby,
I'll try to keep this very short. My husband and I have been house hunting ever since hearing the news that my Mom had to go into a nursing home. We've been looking for something big enough that would allow her to live with us plus our dogs along with finally carring out a few "retirement goals"so to speak. We want to offer a place for OLD dogs from shelters to live out their remaing time in a home type setting. Plus work with getting OTTB (off track thorough breds)back to being healthy and into a forever home. Along our search of ups/downs too lates too high too small....we found this listing. It's still within our work zone and "budget". HOWEVER, to truly bring this lady back to her glory of the 1800's it will require many knowledgable craftsmen. This is where we hope HGTV might desire to help with this wonderful piece of American history. Doing things with a mind set of authentic retoration while also underscoring the importance of up cycling and recycling. If some of the wood of the barn can't be saved then turn it into tables, old doors into porch swings...etc. As I said we are ready to pull the trigger on this pre-approved purchase...if your TEAMS/SHOWS are up to challenge???
http://www.trulia.com/property...e-Rd-Saluda-VA-23149
Sincerely,
Ron & Leslie N.
ps..worse thing you could do is say no, just please do so in a timly manner Smile
Jun 12, 2012, 08:44 PM
dnc615
I have a friend in Iowa that is in need of help and I'm hoping she may qualify for one of your makeover shows. She has a lot of problems in her home and had hired a contractor but he ripped her off and didn't do any of the work correctly so it all has to be redone. She doesn't have any money to hire a new contractor and some major work that needs to be done in her home. I know the HGTV used to have a show that helped homeowners like this. Do you still have it?

Thank you, Dawn
Jul 26, 2012, 04:57 PM
Shanee5000
Hi Abby,

I wrote to Jonathon Silver Scott (Property Brothers duo) regarding the Tri-State region, and he suggested I message HGTV. Since you are the main contact on these boards, I'm writing to you! Please see below, and let me know your thoughts? Thank you.

Original Message:
"Please, please, please come to North New Jersey!

Considering the Tri-state is a region of HIGH property taxes and equally outrageous home prices, your expertise and approach to house hunting is the only reasonably affordable way for most people to approach buying their first house.

Especially with the large population of people working in and around NYC, the housing market here has always been one of the most expensive areas in the US.

Sadly, I read on your site that you are no longer taking any clients outside of the show. Do you have recommendations for any duos who help clients purchase and renovate (before move-in) like you?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hoboken Fan, Looking to Move.... =)"

Jonathon's Reply:
"I don't have any contacts in your area to refer you to but... message HGTV. Maybe they will bring us your way for some episodes. Smile"
Jul 26, 2012, 05:23 PM
still tryin
You are on the wrong HGTV site. Go to HGTV's main page. On the bottom right hand corner is a link that reads "Contact Us". That is where you can email HGTV. Here is a link the correct site. - http://www.hgtv.com/

This is a picture of what the bottom of the screen on that web page looks like.

jpg

Jul 27, 2012, 12:37 AM
Chuck Steak
Sorry, Shanee - Any building department in the northeast would shut down any job these incompetents tried to do.
Jul 27, 2012, 09:18 AM
Shanee5000
@Chuck Steak - That's an incredibly rude thing to say. I happen to enjoy the shows immensely and have great faith in the Scott duo. Please keep your responses civil. There's no need to be unkind.

Regards,
Jul 28, 2012, 01:04 AM
Chuck Steak
It's not rude, it's factual. When your "contractor" doesn't know the wall he's removing is a bearing wall, that's incompetence. When he doesn't know there is substandard wiring in the house before starting a job, that's incompetence. When he doesn't know there are pipes in a wall before he tries to knock it down, that's incompetence. Would YOU hire these guys if you were paying with YOUR hard earned money?
Jul 28, 2012, 12:20 PM
Tankgirl334
There need to be more regions of this country available for being on the shows. We pay outragous cable fees to watch the show too. It would be nice to see shows come to the midwest. There are a lot of great homes here. Also, how about some shows for disabled/injured vets that returned to homes that may no longer meet thier physical needs?
Jul 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
GD in KC
We have an idea for a new show. I'm not sure where to post or send it.an you tell me what would be the best way to do that?

Thanks!
Greg
Aug 14, 2012, 01:57 PM
Tim R.
Its a little depressing to see that most of these makeovers are usually out west in beautiful California, New York, or Florida, or somewhere like that. We live in central Illinois, and just dream that we could be able to have a chance for these opportunities... (sigh)...lol
Aug 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
MrsKim
Has anyone thought about building a house for a person with disabilities? I have a husband with six children and he is a paraplegic. Trying to find accommodations for him is frustrating. New York City our hometown is the worst which is why we reside now in Florida. We would love to go home one day and be able to live in a house. We are not a military family so we live on fixed incomes. But it would be nice to see someone incorporate more living spaces for persons with disabilities. It's a thought and it would be appreciated to see someone be blessed with a giveaway home that is useful in more ways than just being a smart or green home. Looking forward to seeing more inclusion and less exclusion.

Mrs Kim
Sep 01, 2012, 08:23 PM
NJFamily
We live in NJ and want to be on Shop This Room. How can we submit an entry? We think Danielle would have a field day with our open floor plan home, with ceiling two stories up, and our "virgin" enormous walls!
Sep 17, 2012, 04:08 PM
inspiredbymarie
Nothing in the pacific northwest? Just bought an old 1950's home we want to restore, along with a cabin to change into a art studio, and a 40' x 60' shop, that we want the upstairs into a man cave. Not to mention trying to make the property look great. With everything geared toward California and New York, seems to leave the big part of the country out.
Oct 04, 2012, 03:09 PM
zcmc54
Hello, My name is Courtni and I was just proposing an idea of re-merchandising business'. I do that sometimes for local businesses and was wondering how i could propose my idea to HGTV and possibly doing a show. I work for a department store and flip departments all the time and have a degree in merchandising. I love to do displays and redecorate andthings. Thanks!

Courtni
Jan 03, 2013, 05:41 PM
bkelly21
I have been watching, and waiting for almost two years to have a giveaway in my area as well. I live in Pennsylvania and only seem to see HGTV looking for people in the California area. Very unfair in my opinion, since people all over the US watch the shows.
I live with my boyfriend who just purchased a home and have been watching for a giveaway that could help him out. HGTV expand the "winner" areas! lol
Jan 17, 2013, 07:28 PM
vikki07
I love the High Low Project. How can I get on the show? I have a bedroom that I would love to turn into an inviting retreat -on a budget.
Feb 01, 2013, 03:48 PM
mcarrara
I just browsed over to see who might be on this forum. If you look around you will see that the mythical Abby hasn't made a response in months. Also if you look at the schedule you will see that it appears that there is one or two new episodes a week for all their shows. If you dig, really dig on the site you will find that unless you live near LA there is no shows looking for you. Now if you need a million dollar second home I'm sure one of the shows would talk to you.
Feb 04, 2013, 05:16 AM
The MAN!!!
www.rodneyboyden.com
Feb 17, 2013, 02:17 AM
L.Esteban
For the first time in my life I wish I lived in California. I read all these post from others who really want to be on hgtv. But I feel the only way is if you live in Los Angeles. I love upstate New York and wish hgtv would come to Syracuse. I enjoy the all the shows. Get tons of great ideas. I have wall paper on 80% of my walls. 50% of my ceilings... Yes ceilings (that have been painted more then once) I have a dated man cave with fiber board for walls. I have the ugliest painted fire place that I wish I could strip. Wife doesn't want me to tile it. Great walk out basement that has steps to a pond that is in disrepair. I could only dream I feel of the cousins on call making the drive up! Cast for a show in scenic upstate New York

Apr 02, 2013, 07:08 PM
Callin
Hello, I am looking for any casting opportunities for home buyers/renters in Fairbanks, Alaska. My husband and I are both active duty military and will be moving from San Diego, CA to frigid Fairbanks. The housing seems somewhat archaic up there. Are there any opportuntites that might fit our situation?
May 24, 2013, 11:34 AM
spifi
Hi Abby G
I was on the King of Dirt Show, Episode DKOD-413H but I never received a copy of it and can't find it online. I no longer have the producers' phone numbers and Gino hasn't responded to my requests for assistance. Can you please help me? Thank you. Mindy
May 25, 2013, 12:05 PM
Genny1107
I totally agree. I also live in Pennsylvania and need a yard crasher. But it seems like they only do shows on people that live in California or some other warm place. People in Pennsylvania watch all of your shows and I personally would love to be on one of your shows. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE expand your locations!!!
May 29, 2013, 03:51 PM
jaybow
Hi Abby,

I am in Kansas City and yard crashers was here at the Kemper but they did not do a show featuring any homes. I know I am one of millions who would love to have them do my yard. But maybe you could assist or tell me how.

JBowman
Mar 23, 2014, 12:05 PM
Lisa McConkey
Hi there, My home was featured on Generation Renovation Season 4 Episode 6 (HGREN-406.) At that time, we received a copy of the episode, but that copy has been damaged. I have looked online and cannot find any episodes that go back that far...it aired November 4, 2004. I did find the episode index on tvguide.com, but when you click the link it doesn't play. Is there any way that I can request a copy be emailed or mailed to me again? I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Mar 23, 2014, 12:08 PM
Lisa McConkey
Hi Mindy. Did you ever receive a copy of your episode? I am also requesting an old copy of a show that I was in.....

Lisa

quote:
Originally posted by spifi:
Hi Abby G
I was on the King of Dirt Show, Episode DKOD-413H but I never received a copy of it and can't find it online. I no longer have the producers' phone numbers and Gino hasn't responded to my requests for assistance. Can you please help me? Thank you. Mindy

May 14, 2014, 08:29 PM
Sequia
Come to Canada!!

Cynthia Philip
Jun 03, 2014, 10:56 PM
Alan k
You need to do a series on I hate my pool or what I call the green monster
Jun 09, 2014, 08:20 PM
Juan flores
http://www.gofundme.com/a4j0fo Newstart71608@gmail.com

http://www.gofundme.com/a4j0fo
Jun 10, 2014, 10:52 AM
flboy
How darling. All of your posters are so excited to think that they will get lucky and appear on HGTV. What a joke on them. They will find out that if they have any beliefs that HGTV doesn't approve of, on their applications because they are normal, or perhaps Christians, their applications will be trashed. HGTV has made their beliefs known and who they want on their shows and it is not the MOM and POP old fashioned people.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flboy,

html
Jul 26, 2014, 06:38 PM
brookeworm1
My mom heard that HGTV is going to be in Russell County, KY Aug 2-4. Does anyone know what show? They have a houseboat in need of a makeover they are trying to sell.