Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HGTV - Love It / Hate It Sign In/Join 
posted
I love HGTV but, the older and more cynical I grow, the more I hate "reality" TV.

I went to bed tonight, turned on my latest HGTV DVR'd show (Brother vs. Brother) and became so ticked off I crawled out of bed, created an account here, and had to spout off.

I fully realize none of HGTV's programming is true "reality." It must take months and months of production and filming to make a 30 or 60 minute program. I get that.

I enjoy so much of HGTV's (UNreality) programming (both past and present). I love Drew and Scott. But this "Brother vs. Brother" show is more than I can stomach.

Please, PLEASE HGTV, leave unreal, reality crap to shows like "Family Feud." And no, I'm not angry that I've never won one of HGTV's "Dream Houses!"

I'm gonna go back to bed now.... Maybe I'll drift off to sleep watching an old DVR'd episode of "House." Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EtchedInQuicksand,

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just don't understand how on every episode that Hillary suggests they tear down a wall that can't be torn down or to enlarge a room that can't be enlarged. Is she a designer and does she know anything about load bearing walls, electrical or plumbing?? Isn't there a "real" designer that could take over for her?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
csmrtn, every episode has to have a little Hillary-drama thrown in.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post