Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commercial during Going Yard Sign In/Join 
posted
I watch HGTV more than any other channel. It is fun and filled with Super ideas, BUT... today as I have been viewing "Going Yard," a fabulous program, the commercial just "blew me out of the water." IT WAS A VERY VIVID commercial for a movie. I was so stunned that I'm not certain about the specific title. It was about a chainsaw madman, with a woman suspended in chains, and the chainsaw running LOUD. If this type of commercial is to continue, I am certain that many will no longer enjoy the wonderful benefits of HGTV, for their personal sanity, and that of any children in the vacinity of the telvision. Please return to the HGTV on TV that allows us to enjoy the family oriented show we love so much.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! My 10 year old daughter is becoming quiet the decorating diva and these commercials are making it hard for us to watch without recording and fast-forwarding. I wish I new how to fight the networks...if a show is rated G then the commercial should be too. That particular commercial has created a problem...my ten year old has had trouble sleeping and we've had lots of tears because she "can't get it out of her head". Come on HGTV...no excuse for this! This morning it was a rated R commercial for a movie title "Over 21" during Dear Genevieve. Hold yourself to a higher standard...your viewers will love you for it!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post