Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New show idea Sign In/Join 
Picture of Cjsun
posted
I watch hgtv alot to fInd different decorating ideas. The ideas are great, however, they all involve spending money that I, nor many of my family or frIends have. The economy has made it even harder. I have helped many of my friends and family members decorate with No money out-of-pocket. It may take a little longer to acheive but it can certainly be done utilizing free finds from craigslist, freecycle, etc. By taking advantage of curb-alerts on craigslist, I have found all the items needed to furnish and decorate a room for free. Many of the curb alerts are leftover yard sale items that people do not want to deal with. I have collected enough items in one weekend to be able to have my own yardsale the following weekend. The proceeds from the yard sale is more than sufficient to cover the cost of paint and supplies as well as any items that may be needed to "tie" the room together. We even made enough money in one tag sale to purchase a new mattress and boxspring for a young mother who had just moved into her own apartment after graduating from high school. The point is that it can be done and it is easy enough to do. The show would help so many people make their living space a "home" and would also benefit the environment by recycling unwanted items that might otherwise end up in the dump!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lavern2
posted Hide Post
^ Again, another great idea!

Are ya listening, HGTV???

Posts: 1025 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: Jan 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post