Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rescue Renovation Sign In/Join 
posted
I turned on Rescue Renovation tonight to hear and see inappropriate words. Repeatedly I heard the word "*****" and then I see "renovations are a *****" on the screen.

I love HGTV and I have always loved the fact that I can put it on all day Saturday and Sunday as I'm doing housework and not have to worry about the content, until now.

Is this a new direction your networkis going? If so, I'm afraid I won't be able to watch it around my kids now.

It's not that I'm a prude and don't cuss. Nor is it the case that my kids have never heard cuss words. It's the fact that I try to set a good example. I try to let my kids know there is a lot of inappropriate things that go onin the world, but they can choose not to participate in this inappropriate behavior.

I have actually not allowed the regular networks to be viewed with my children around becuase of the content from their shows as well as advertisers. If this is where you are going as a network, that's fine. But realize you will lose a percentage of viwers because of your decision. Maybe you'll make that loss up with other viewers that don't mind this kind of content. I just figured I should let you be aware of my reason to turn off your network.

Thanks in advance for your time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CocoPuff31,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post