Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  Very Unhappy with Love it or List It Too
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very Unhappy with Love it or List It Too Sign In/Join 
posted
I am very unhappy with Love It or List It Too. Although I think Love It or List It with the designer Hilary and broker David are wonderful, this "second version" of the show has not lived up to expectations. The designer is outrageously condescending to the home owners. She isn't hearly as talented, in my opinion, as Hilary. She sends a negative tone - and gives the entire 'designer' world a bad name. I think the broker in "Too" is okay, but again, he tends to talk down to the home owners.

It is very disappointing that you've chosen to have this second version of what is a VERY GOOD SHOW with great designs and important real estate tips. I'm sure other fans of Hilary and David will agree.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why does Hillary always find trouble with pipes, electricity or something in the basement. I would like to think that at least one home they remodel could be completely done. Come on - it makes the show so boring and predictable and the put on disgust from the prospective buyers... gimme a break... why not real people and decent houses.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
The only way to watch LIOLI is via a DVR. That way you can fast forward through the whining and kvetching that always happens. It is the format of the show. Hillary always has to give up something because the homeowners NEVER increase her budget when she runs into a problem. David normally goes over budget on the new house. I wouldn't consider moving into a different home that was within $50K of my house. If it is a new home I'll get less land and a smaller home than I have.

There was a show on last week with a pregnant wife and they had 3 kids already. Fairly new house and still there was a structural problem due to a leaking toilet. Where did the water go that destroyed the floor joists? You'd think the homeowners would have noticed a wet spot on the basement ceiling. They ultimately listed and in their shoes I would have as well. Hillary did a nice job with the budget she had, and David found a nice home on the third try as always. But she couldn't multiply the bedrooms to meet their needs with a $55K budget.

The show has a formula that they follow. It doesn't matter if it is Hillary and David or the other two on LIOLI II. It is always the same. The Canadian production company thinks it is a winning formula and it is probably one of the higher rated but most complained about programs on HGTV. The show will run its course as all TV shows eventually do.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6960 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post