Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to private message someone Sign In/Join 
posted
How do I private message someone??

Thanks!

Posts: 836 | Registered: Mar 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Sign in to the board. Go to the "Go" box and click on it at the top of any posted box (including this one). It is the first in the line of New, Find, Notify...etc.
Go to Personal Zone, and then to Private Message on your own info.
Copy or retype their screen name as to whom you want to send a message or start a dialog. Just like regular posting, only it just goes to them.

Posts: 9431 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after I go to personal zone and click New private message it brings up a box that says my contact on one side and invited members on the other, what do I do then? I think I am misunderstanding .

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: perplexed,

Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
You know I am having trouble with it too, as I tried to send you a private message. Don't know if it was the system or me?

I think what used to work is to click on "find new buddies", and type in a screen name...then you could send from there.

Maybe someone else that has used this more recently can help?

Posts: 9431 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed several ways to send one but it is confusing,if you click on a persons name it gives you several options and one is invite to private topic which I think is a private message?? When you click that it won't bring up anything.

I will try and send you one now. let me know if you get it please.I click your name again and it takes me too view (your) public profile and I click that and I then see on the page send a private message which I am about to do.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: perplexed,

Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
Add the person to your contacts and then you can PM them with the box. They changed the process at some point, you used to be able to do it the way Conrad mentioned.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6858 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks , I added a person so what do I do after that? How do I start a private message after adding a person to my contacts.

Thanks!